CHAPTER VII: GIRL WITH THE PRETTY GREEN HAIR

"We have to warn the others," Rowan said, looking at the single man beside her.

Harry had released his grip on Rowan after his father had disappeared into the ship's cabin, and had quickly retreated back down the alley, leaving the girl and Gil alone.

"We should probably find Harry," Gil responded, worried for his friend.

"He'll be fine, Gil. He knows his way around this part of the Isle like the back of his hand, I'm sure. Ursula knows that we're here. We have to get back and warn everyone."

Gil nodded in agreement, and together, the two sprinted back to Mal's apartment. They burst through the door, calling the names of their friends. Thankfully, Uma, Jay and Mal emerged from one of the rooms.

"What is going on?" Mal urged.

"Urs—Ursala. She know—she knows that we're here," Rowan choked out between gasping breaths. She was certainly not in the shape she'd like to be.

"What do you mean?" Uma demanded. "We just got back from the Chips shop, and she was nowhere to be found."

"We were at the docks, and we overheard Captain Hook talking to what we think was his first mate. Ursula knows that we're here, all of us," Gil tried to explain.

"Wait," Uma stopped, looking around, "Where is Harry?"

"He ran off, I have no idea," Rowan admitted. "And it will be getting dark in the next couple hours. Where are Evie and Carlos?"

At that moment, a knock came to the door. Everyone looked around one another with hesitation, wondering why anyone would bother knocking in a place such as this.

Slowly, Jay reached for the door knob, with Gil standing on the other side, ready to fight. The door opened to reveal both Evie and Carlos, with hands (and teeth) full of random supplies. Everyone let out a sigh of relief, making way for the two. They dropped their items on the dining room table—an old piece of furniture that wobbled under the weight.

"What is all of this?" Jay asked, "You guys scared the crap out of us!"

"Well, as I see it, we may be here more than a couple of days," Evie announced. "So Carlos and I took it upon ourselves to take more than just a peek at those old warehouses. I stopped by Dizzy's shop, and I might try my hand at hair styling while we're here. Of course, I grabbed fabric and my sewing machine from back home, and Carlos raided the pantries in both places. Only things that I already owned, or no one will be missing!"

Mall shook her head and laughed, "You both are ridiculous. Lifting comfort items at a time like this?"

Evie shrugged, "What's wrong with mixing a little pleasure into business?"

"Hey, where is Harry?" Carlos asked, finally looking around.

Rowan looked down at her shoes. "He ran off, but I'm sure he'll be back soon." She hoped that he'd be back soon.

"Alright, well, we need a strategy," Mal announced, and before Evie could dig into her new fabrics and hair dye—much to her dismay—the group was beginning to hatch a plan.

"Well, if you say that my mother already knows that we're here, we need to devise another lie to persuade her into thinking that we're on her side," Uma began.

"Good luck with that," Jay scoffed. "Rowan and Gil say that they saw all of us. There's no way that they would believe that after saving Auradon three times, that we're suddenly ready to be bad to the bone again."