Prologue

An: Hello every one! This is my first fan fiction and English is not my first language, so if there's any spelling errors I apologize.

I know both the Tokyo Ghoul manga and anime are finished, so I don't know if anyone will even find this fic and actually want to read it, but I have been wanting to write a Tokyo Ghoul fan fiction for a while now so that is what I am now going to do :)

The reason the characters are "watching" the manga instead of the show is because of several reasons.

1: The manga is a lot more detailed and if I continue this beyond volume 7
(season 1) then I want to do the manga version since season 2 of the anime goes a completely different route that I don't like.

2: It's easier for me to get ahold of the books than the anime. If I want to find the anime I would have to go in on an illegal website and in the process probably get several viruses, which is not worth it.

3: I just prefer the Tokyo Ghoul manga since beyond season one the anime is really rushed.

I also apologize for any mistakes regarding the plot of Tokyo Ghoul. I haven't read the manga for a while and it's not that easy for me to get it since I borrow the books from the library, and Tokyo ghoul is never, and I mean NEVER there! There's always someone who's reading it before me and I always need wait for it to come back...

What I mean is that I can't check the facts that easily since I don't always have access to the books.

With that out of the way, let's begin!
_____________________________

16:00, Anteiku, 20:th ward, Tokyo, Japan.

It was another evening for Touka at Anteiku. The white snow outside the Cafes' window looked like it was glowing in the dark, and she found herself mesmerized by it. Yes, it wasn't any different from usual. Except this time, Kaneki wasn't there with her.

After the Aogiri raid, Kaneki didn't come back to Anteiku. He said something about "needing to find answers." and that was his reason for not returning. She did not know how to feel
about that.

Touka didn't know what had happened to Kaneki while he was held captive by the Aogiri, but she could tell he had changed a lot because of it, and her imagination came up with several scenarios.  She wanted to know what had happened, she wanted to understand him better. To help him, and maybe get some of her questions answered in the process.

What is he doing now?

Is he alive?

Is he dead?

But at the same time, she was scared to find out.

She decided to push those thoughts aside for the moment. She was still working after all. Carefully taking the cup of coffee her last customer had ordered from the kitchen, she made her way over to said customers' table.

"I hope you enjoy it." She smiled and placed it on the table. She turned around and walked back to the kitchen to clean. Afterwards, she changed out of her working clothes, closed the café for the night, and walked home. She was allowed by Yoshimura to get off work a little bit earlier because she had a test she needed to study for.

"I fucking hate tests..." she thought as she walked home, the white snow made a crunching sound beneath her feet. She rubbed her cold hands against each other to warm them up. It worked, for a few seconds.

As soon as she got home, Touka made a cup of coffee. "I will definitely need it..." she muttered.

She poured the coffee in a cup and sat down at her desk. She took a sip of her coffee. It tasted heavenly, but there was something different about it that she couldn't identify.

She took a deep breath and started to look through the math equations she had to solve, but she noticed her concentration slipping away fast. After just a couple of minutes, she felt drowsy. Touka was confused. Even if she was tired, the coffee should've at least helped her with that issue a little bit.

It didn't take long before she fell asleep with her head at the desk.
_______________________________

When Touka opened her eyes, she was disoriented. She remembers her room but what she sees when she looks up are white walls. Completely white. Not a single stain anywhere. The only furniture she saw was a black couch, a television and a table.

Touka tried to remember how she got there but came up with nothing. The last thing she remembers is trying to study at her desk. She looked around the room and noticed that there were no doors, except for one, that only lead to another room with beds. This room had no more doors.  When she turned around, she saw something on the floor. She had been so focused on the door that she hadn't realized the she wasn't the only person in the room.

There were three people she didn't recognize,
but the other three, she definitely did.
She saw the light brown hair belonging to Nishiki Nishio and the amber-colored hair belonging to Kaneki's friend, what was his name again? Right, Hide.

She turned her head to the right and what she saw was something she didn't expect at all.

"Kaneki!?"

The white hair that was Kaneki's was easily recognizable. He twitched and moved from his spot on the floor.

He yawned and looked around. Confused. "Touka? Is that you? What are you doing here, where are we?" He asked.

One part of Touka really wanted to punch him for just leaving Anteiku like he did, but that could wait until after they found out where they were, and what was going on.

Kaneki wasn't the only person who woke up. Because of Touka yelling, the other occupants in the room had as well. They all looked at each other.

It was dead quiet.

Suddenly, several shouts of "Where are we?! And "what happened?!" Could be heard and it was complete chaos. It continued for several moments before a loud voice said:

"EVERYONE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTHS!"

It quieted down. All eyes turned to the person who yelled, it was Nishiki Nishio. "I know everyone here is probably confused as hell, but PLEASE be quiet so we can figure out what happened and where we are instead of screaming your goddamn lungs out."

The occupants in the room glanced at each other.

"Ok, you're right, but before that, let's introduce ourselves." A blonde female said. Her eyes, almost resembling steel looked at them. Her gaze felt cold and it unnerved Kaneki.

"Sure, why not I guess." Nishio agreed.

"I'll start." The female blonde said.
"I am Akira Mado, second class investigator of the CCG."

"Yukinori Shinohara, special class investigator."

'Shit, they're doves!' Touka swore in hear head.

Kaneki had similar thoughts going through his head. He looked at the investigators, and when his eyes landed on the last one, he froze.

"Koutaro Amon, first class investigator."
________________________________

Was that ok? I hope so but if you think I can improve on something, please tell me in the comments. I hope you enjoyed. The next chapter will contain the first episode/chapter (I hope at least...) See you soon!