Chapter 2

I don't have easy access to the manga anymore and I'm lazy, so this "script" is going to be purely from my memory about halfway through the chapter. I'm taking a lot of liberties because I got really into it lol. Might be more fun to read than you would normally assume a script to be because of that ;)

Also it's been years since the last chapter and I can barely remember which characters are present so inconsistencies will probably appear. Ignore those, I can't be bothered and people are only here for the reactions anyway so who cares.
____________________

The screen changes from Anteiku, to Kaneki and Hide meeting up.

"NO WAY! You're going on a date!? I guess everyone gets lucky once in a while..." Hide sighs.

Kaneki nods his head in agreement.
" I guess so. Anyway. Her name is Rize Kamashiro, and we are going to talk about our favorite books!" Kaneki smiles. "It's my first date, and on top of that, it's at a bookstore! I'm so happy I could die, Hide!"

Hide smiles, "I don't understand what's so great about a date at a bookstore, but I hope it goes well!"

Kaneki is too busy planning his bookstore date to hear him though.

"Awww is little Kaneki happy about his date? I hope he hasn't bitten off more than he can chew." Nishio mocks. Not maliciously, but still harshly, as is his nature. And also insensitively, considering what exactly he's talking about.

Kaneki however, just rolls his eyes, used to and over his coworker's bullshit. And also not quite as bothered by his failed date anymore as he once was.

Or at least, he hopes so. Otherwise the coming hour is going to suck.

"Oh you're so funny, Nishio-Senpai. Absolutely hilarious. Just shut up so we can get this over with."

Nishio scoffs, but doesn't give a retort.

The others observe the interaction and some add it to their collection of puzzle pieces.

Kaneki and Rize sit at a restaurant. "So, which one of her books would you recommend?" Rize asks. Kaneki twirls the pasta on his plate with his fork. "Hmm, I think the first book she wrote." Kaneki says , eating his pasta. "Oh, Dear Kafka!" Rize says. "I really like that one. The trick she did with the letter was really unexpected." Rize smiles "However, her short stories are good too! Like monochrome rainbow for example..." She stops when she notices Kaneki's stare. He isn't staring at her face though, but somewhere that is a little more questionable.

"Are you alright?" Rize asks.

"Y-Yeah of course!" Kaneki stutters. "I was just, eh... just wondering... why you only ordered a sandwich?" He blushes. "O-Oh, I see..." Rize stutters. "I'm kind of on a diet." She fidgets in her chair, looking uncomfortable. "Excuse me, I have to go to the ladies room." The woman stands up and walks away quickly. Kaneki just stare after her, blinking. 'But, she isn't even overweight...?' Kaneki shakes his head. "Girls..." He mumbles.

Kaneki scoffs. Yeah, dieting. Sure. If eating humans counts as that. And considering the amount of calories one human body contains, he'd like to say no. So fuck you, Rize.

Amon glances at him questioningly. His disdain must have shown up on his face.

Kaneki just waves him away. If he's feeling a bit spiteful, so what? He has every right to be. Rize destroyed his life as it once was.

After finishing their meal, Rize and Kaneki find themselves walking on the street, talking and laughing.
'I think, this is going pretty well!' Kaneki thinks.
At the same time that thought passes through his head, two people walk past them.