Chapter 1

"I get why we are here; we are investigators after all, so we come in contact with ghouls often, but why are you four here?" Amon asked Nishio, Touka, Kaneki, and Hide.

"Not sure," Nishio said "But we will probably find out when we watch whatever this 'Tokyo ghoul' thing is."

'This is supposed to be for peace between ghouls and humans, it wouldn't make sense for only humans to watch this. Akira thought. Does that mean, all of them are ghouls?!''

'There is no evidence though, and maybe not all of them are ghouls if that is the case.' She continued. No reason to judge to quickly, and it's not like she could do much without a weapon anyway.

'I don't like that I don't have my quinqe, but I can't do much about it.' she thought

"You are right," she said to Nishio. "We'll just have to watch and find out."

The screen showed the city of Tokyo at night. It was quite beautiful, with the lights from buildings glowing in the dark.

"Humans are thought to be on top of the food chain. "A voice said.

"But beings exist that hunt them as food.
"They are monsters who feed on dead human flesh."

"They are called: "Ghouls."

It changes scene from the city overview to the outside of Anteiku. A reporters voice can be heard.

'Anteiku?' Kaneki thought. 'Wait, does that mean... that they will show what happens there, and when I show up... No, that can't be it, right? My life isn't that interesting, there's no way. I might catch a glimpse of myself, but probably nothing more. But, Kaneki continued his train of thought. 'I did turn into a one-eyed ghoul, that means 'I'm half human and half ghoul, and the reason we are watching this is for peace between humans and ghouls...' His eyes widened. 'That might mean they will show my life... Damn it. I don't like that...'

Touka wasn't happy either, but for different reasons. 'Are they going to show what happens at Anteiku? Not good, not with this many people. I know that "K" person said we wouldn't be able to talk to anyone about this, but it still makes me anxious...'

"The remains of a man's body were found on Takada building street. Body fluids probably from a ghoul has been found at the scene and because of that, the authorities are treating this as a ghoul attack."

'Probably the binge eater, she is the ghoul who is most active in the 20-th ward. Or was. Maybe the tv will show what happened to the ghoul...' Amon thought.

The screen showed that the reporter was talking on television. "What are they exactly, the ghouls that are haunting the streets?

"Damn, Takada building isn't that far from here." Someone said. It turned out it was Hide. He turned his head to the black-haired male sitting across the table.
"I bet you'd be eaten before you knew it, Kaneki, since you're such a nerdy weakling. You are always reading those weird books."

'So it is that day, huh? Damn it... Damn it!'

So, it's your life we're watching? Or maybe Hide's?" Amon asked.
"Guess it now makes sense why you're here." He continued.

"Guess so." Kaneki said back. Not at all happy.

"You look quite different, is there a reason why you dyed your hair?" Shinohara asked curiously.

"I didn't exactly dye it..." Kaneki answered vaguely, making some of the people in the room wondering what he meant by that.

Akira narrowed her eyes. 'It's not only his hair, though. His whole demeanor is different. What could have made him change that drastically?'