𝟬𝟬𝟯, social status

𝟬𝟬𝟯,   social status.

           𝓞nce Kehlani and her friends arrived at school, most of them went their separate ways

           𝓞nce Kehlani and her friends arrived at school, most of them went their separate ways. The twins are in middle school, so the teenagers walked them to their school first. Carl and Nick went off somewhere together, probably doing something incriminating. Debbie left to change her 'baby's' diaper in the restroom, leaving Kehlani and Ricky in the crowded halls. They walked beside each other, furiously blushing whenever their shoulders would brush occasionally.

           A familiar squeal could be heard from down the hall, as Kehlani braced herself for what was about to come. The girl with curly hair closed her eyes as her best friends hugged her with full force. Cleo and Marilyn greeted her the same for years. It was their way of showing how much they missed Kehlani, even though they're around her all the time, and when they aren't around her they're probably on facetime.

           Ricky called them dramatic, though he could be the same when it came to Kehlani. Everyone loves the Kingsley girl. She was known for being pretty and popular, but also smart. Kehlani even tutored people in a higher grade lever than her. Maybe it was the fact that she was a lowkey nerd, and used all of Lip's books and worksheets he left behind for her while at college.

            Either way, she was proud of her social status. The girl tended to keep it that way, forever being branded as the popular girl. Kehlani pulled away from the girls that could squeeze the life out of her at any given moment, and smiled at them bashfully. "I missed you guys, but come on, it was a three day break." She teased, earning a nudge on her shoulder from them.

          "Did anyone miss me? I've been here the whole time and have received no hugs." Ricky raised his eyebrows, silently hoping for a fist bump or anything. They barely acknowledged his presence.

           "We're cousins. I see you everyday." Marilyn mumbled slowly, her eyes closing in on him to make him look small. "Actually, Kehlani missed you enough for the both of us." Cleo suddenly pitched in, sending a sly look towards her best friend. Kehlani shook her head in annoyance, covering her face with her hands. "Do the walk of shame." The girl with curly hair stated, with Cleo holding her head down and doing as told.