𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘

.
.
.

'D-Did he just call me cute?... I don't think I should be reacting to it this way-'

"Ehm... K-Karma? Hello~? Earth to Karma"
Karma's thoughts were cut off when he realized Nagisa was calling out to him for a minute straight already, holding his empty cone and the newly bought one for him.

He takes the ice cream and mumbles
"T-Thank you..."

His cheeks were of a light pink but Nagisa didn't seem to notice. The blue haired boy proceeded to unconsciously check his phone for the time.

'Oh crap it's already 3:48...'

"I have to head home now, my mom might get worried. Thanks for the ice cream!"
His voice was shaking as he spoke, a wave of fear looned over him and his companion noticed. Nagisa then quickly ran off towards the direction of his house, looking back at Karma and waves with a frazzled smile. The other waves back, undeniably worried as he eats his ice cream.

...

Nagisa runs through the streets, panic overthrowing his senses.

"Proper girls get home before 4 pm ok Nagisa? You will be home before the time right? Right? You wouldn't want to be disciplined again won't you?"

He shudders at the thought. His mother has always been that way, pushing her dreams to him for him to achieve. Forcing him to have long hair in hopes that he will be like the girl she failed to be- and he was aware.

He kept running, constantly cheking his phone for the time. The house was quite far and even with his assassination training it was tiring. He then checked the time once more.

'3:56...shit'

There were only a few blocks more but his legs started getting worn out. His breathing got heavier and he could hear how fast his heart was beating. He reached their building and quickly ran up the stairs. It didn't help that they were on the 6th floor and the elevator was under repair either.

Nagisa stopped in front of the front door to catch his breath. He slowly opened the door then checked the time on their clock.

3:59

He sighs in relief and sits down on the couch. He watched as the clock reach 4 pm. A few seconds after, he heard a door click open and footsteps getting louder. His mom peeked into the living room to make sure Nagisa was there.

She does it on routine, every school day, she would look at the living room or his room to check if he had arrived. And if ever he would arive even a minute late, a beating would be his prize. She did this wanting to raise a proper girl. The boy just learned to live with it and find ways around it.

The long hair.

His girl-like figure.

His heightened senses.

His talent for assassination.

All of those he got from her ways.

The woman then walked back to her room, not caring about what her son would do. As soon as Nagisa heard a door close, he lets out a long sigh.

'That was close....I guess I should apologise to Karma for leaving like that'

He takes his phone out of his bag and messages Karma

|tomato 🍅

Hey uh I just wanted to apologise
for leaving so abruptly earlier

nah its fine, bout' you? Got
home safe?

Yeah
Luckily got here before curfew

you have a curfew?

Well yeah, 4 pm
Btw, you're rockin your new
nickname =^=

what-
HEY! WHAT DO YOU MEAN
TOMATO??

LMAO you really did look like
one though

Karma stared at his phone.

'Did I really look like a tomato earlier?'

He walks in front of a mirror and twiddles his hair a little. He sighs and walks back to his desk and starts thinking of a clever nickname for Nagisa as a comeback.

'shortass? he doesn't really mind being short though...

pigtails? probably not....especially since his mother forces him to have long hair...

Ah wait... I got it!'

The redhead smirks in satisfaction and enters the nickname

|NagiKae 👌

Well yeah
Btw, you're rockin your new
nickname =^=

what-
HEY! WHAT DO YOU MEAN
TOMATO??

LMAO you really did look like
one though
NagiKae?
What kind of a nickname is
that?

its a combination of you and
your future girlfriend's names
ofc

Future girlfriend who?

PFFT- can you get even more
dense than this?
its obviously Kayano

I don't like her though?

pshhhh who cares?
and after that, i can tease you
both >:)

You are aware that you
just told me that, decreasing your chances of success right?
And here I am thinking you were
so smart

Karma chuckles at that message and leans on the chair a bit. He ruffles his hair a bit then walks over to his bed. He flops onto it, letting the tiredness sink in. He checks his phone and reads Nagisa's message.

"Anyways, I have to do that assignment Koro-sensei gave
Good night (afternoon?) and see you tomorrow :)"

He smiles and messages him back

"you too"

He then puts his phone down and looks outside. It was late afternoon already and he sighs once more.

'Guess I wasn't able to gather much information today...except for the fact that he has curfews at 4. Still kind of useful'

He burrows his head into a pillow and smiles to himself.

'15 more hours till' the bell rings again'