Five.

“And so she returns!” Kody Garfield said dramatically as Arabella walked towards her old bag rack. She laughed at his clowning around, some things don’t change. Arabella’s old bag rack was situated outside of the manual arts block; they’d only chosen this spot back in eighth grade because most of their crew were guys. Guy who didn’t feel like walking half way across the school to have lunch with their friends. But that was fine because none of the girls minded.  Besides the block was the farthest away from the any teacher’s offices (except of course the head of manual arts, but he was old, grumpy and didn’t like humans) and there wasn’t a teacher on campus who felt like walking all a long while just to check on one group of student, so the crew had a generous amount of privacy.

Arabella heaved herself onto the top rail –the rule was bags on the middle and bottom only. “Yeah, well, I couldn’t have you missing me too much.”

“What makes you think I missed you?” he asked with a mockingly defiant tone.

“Have you seen me? I bet you couldn’t stand coming to school knowing the hottest thing since Jesus left,” she joked taking a swig out of his water bottle.

“Your fucking ego,” Kody rolled his eyes and nudged the woman in the shoulder gently. “I’m glad you’re back.”

Arabella really didn’t want to be caught up with feelings again. She’d had an emotional morning and was determined to make up for her lack of attitude all afternoon. “You aren’t going to start crying right?”

“Asshole,” the shaggy haired boy chuckled. Arabella smiled back, relaxing her body; she’d been tense ever since that lie in the bathroom.

“Look whose back!” A deep voice yelled from a distance. Briefly Arabella wondered if it was going to be like this all day, but then she scolded herself, she was the one who left. The woman glanced up and saw the rest of the group she’d missed terribly.

Leading the group with his arm around Elise was Trent Tokunai, a dark skinned guy who’d always been over weight. Though now, Trent looked more muscular than Dwayne Johnson.  He was a guy with a great personality – though he could be rather suggestive at times- and was Arabella’s go to guy, that is if Elise wasn’t around.

To his left was Jamison Court. He’d always been the tallest in the crew and it remained that way over the years. His height might’ve been his only unique feature because otherwise Jamie looked just like any other guy. He was normally quieter around people outside of the group –mostly because he didn’t feel comfortable in social situations- but that didn’t mean the guy wasn’t a party lover, he was; if he was drunk enough.

Lastly was Isaiah Cook – better known as Cookie (but only to the female population of the school). Isaiah was probably the biggest flirt in the group, but he definitely wasn’t a player. The dirty blonde never got enough time with the girl he was talking to, to score her number. So, really he was more of a self-proclaimed flirt.

“Bella,” Trent said catching Arabella’s attention. “I know I’m hot and that you’re suddenly reconsidering your sexuality, but please, do it in private.”

“Arabella,” she corrected again. “You called me egotistical?” she then asked Kody, shooting a venomous glare at Trent. 

“Technically, I just mentioned it, never said nothing about you being self-centred,” he replied with a grin.

“Ignore them Bella,” Elise spoke up, moving away from Trent after a brief kiss on his cheek. “Trent’s just showing off because he knows you think he’s hot and for Kody… if you ignore it for long enough he’ll shut up.”