vol.1~

vol.1~

i was sitting on the couch waiting for my best friend to get back from his anniversary date with his girlfriend. i expected him to come home the day after his date, but i still waited. i eventually fell asleep for god knows how long but was awoken by someone unlocking the front door.

i checked the time on my phone and it read "10:27" pm. confused i got up to go greet him after not seeing him for most of the day. he had a very blank stare and i knew by the deafening silence that they had indeed broke up. "she cheated on me..." he spoke breaking the silence. "i- i just don't understand, i gave her my all, i gave her my heart, i gave her my love for four years FOUR FUCKING YEARS I WAS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER!!! four fucking years..." he yelled, punching the door over and over while sliding down the wall beside it.

he started sobbing into his chest while i stood there in shock. i quickly got out of that state and locked the door and immediately layed his head on my lap as i waited til he was ready to speak again. after waiting awhile and realizing that he wasn't gonna talk anytime soon, i spoke up, "bubby i know that you don't want to talk right now but can you at least get up so we can go lay down? it's getting late and i can imagine you're tired. i'll even come lay with you if you want?" i said to him knowing that would get him up.

like i predicted, he got up and picked up all his stuff and took it to his room. i cleaned up the little bit of a mess i made while waiting for him then headed to his room. i saw him peek his head out the door and i smiled knowing he was waiting for me. i suggested that we showered first before we layed down so we could do a mini self care night.