Two

2 months later

Y/N gives a small smile as Yuna makes her way towards him on the playground, a worried expression stitched on her face.

"Y/N ah! What happened?!" she gets a hold of his small face, moving it to the sides slightly, scanning it with her eyes.

The night before this, Y/N's father got home, drunker than usual. He started complaining about how Y/N wasn't a real man, and that he was not his son because any son of his needed to be perfect in every way.

The father then started hitting the little boy, who could do nothing but accept and silently beg his mum to help, which did not help as she was also scared of her husband.

Y/N finishes telling what happened to Yuna, as she caresses the purple marks on the boy's face.

"Why? why would your own dad do that?" the girl questions aloud, sadness appearing on her eyes as she hugged the younger boy against her chest.

Y/N feels the warmth of her hug and sobs silently before she pulls away and wipes his small tears.

"Don't cry Y/N ah, I'm here for you"

"Noona, my dad said I was a disappointment, he said that I was too ugly to be his son" he lets another tear out, looking down at his feet.

The girl grabs Y/N's hand and shakes her head quickly.

"No-no-no. You're the cutest little boy ever, a lot cuter than all the boys in my class. You are so nice to people even though you're shy, and you have the most adorable little smile ever"

Y/N lifts his head up, meeting his eyes with Yuna's, smiling brightly, the first-ever big smile he ever showed.

"Thank you noona, that might not be true but thank you" he hugs her the girl tightly, a few more tears leaving his eyes and drying off on Yuna's shirt.

"Ya! why are you crying again" Yuna scolds the boy but keeps on hugging him.

"It's tears of happiness noona" he chuckles lightly between tears, before pulling away wiping his red face off a bit.

"Aww, Y/N is a little cry-baby"

He turns around to see the same little gang of boys from a while back. They are snickering at Y/N red and puffy face.

"Shut up!" Yuna shouts out before charging at the boy and shoving him hard on his butt, an angry look on her face.

"MUM!" the boy cries loudly as he rubs his butt and his friends back away scared of Yuna.

Wasting no time, Yuna grabs Y/N's hand and runs, dragging him along with her, getting away from the boys.

"Thank you noona." he thanks her as soon as she gets to halt in front of a house.

"No problem Y/N ah. But next time, deal with it yourself okay? Be more confident"

The boy nods a bit, a little disappointed on himself for being saved multiple times by a girl.

Yuna starts walking towards the house and points to a window on the first floor.

"That's my room's window. If you ever get into trouble and can't solve it yourself, come and knock on it,

I will save you, Y/N ah"