PROLOGUE.

"I'm sorry, it seems that he is suffering from some sort of amnesia that has caused a loss in his memory." 

"He is still able to remember me, my mum and everyone else?" the sister questions. 

"It could be that the event he experienced before his head injury was too traumatic for him that his brain decided to just shut it out." The doctor attempts to explain. "The brain is a complex and mysterious thing in itself. There are many cases where the patient is able to recover their lost memories within weeks or even days. Though there are also cases where it might take a few years. Some end up forgetting completely." 

The prognosis looked anything but good. However, Daniel saw it as a chance, rather than a dead-end. 

The sister was distraught as she ran her hands over her hair. She thanked the doctor for his time and sat back down onto the seat as the doctor took his leave. Her brother was still lying inside the room, sleeping soundly. 

Daniel walked up to her and sat down on the empty seat across her. He could see the dark circles forming over the number of sleepless nights since the incident. He felt sorry that it happened but he did not know what else to do. 

"I'm sure he will remember you soon," she tried to cheer him up, even if it was killing her on the inside. "Like the doctor said, maybe he will remember you in a few weeks." 

Daniel shook his head. "He won't remember me, if he doesn't see me anymore." 

Her eyes shot up to look at the person across her in surprise. "What are you saying?"

Daniel took a deep breath. He could not believe what he was about to say, but maybe it was for the better. 

They were never meant to be anyway. Their strings were just tangled together in a twisted fate. It was about time that someone got it undone. 

"I need a favour from you," Daniel pleaded. 

------------------

A/N: Hello there! Welcome! 

Ever heard of the red string of fate? Well, this story is based off the little legend that everyone is attached to someone, and it's all pre-destined. 

I hope you will stick around to find out what's happening! I'm very excited to start a fresh story! 

Comments and suggestions are welcome! Please comment away!

Stay safe everyone!

xoxo, missdreamx