09.

DANIEL.

-----------------
Theodore:
Hey, wanna do something on Christmas? We can head to the festival together. What do you say?
-----------------

I stared at my phone for a good thirty seconds. Was he asking me out on a date?

Shit. How am I going to reject him?

Just meeting him again threw me off balance. Him asking me out seemed to be a bad idea.

It was like history was repeating itself.

I rubbed my temples and sighed. That idiot must have realised that I have a soft spot for him, or he wouldn't have the balls to be so direct.

I weighed out my choices. Would I be able to control myself? The lines that I set wouldn't imply that I'm looking at him more than a friend, right?

He's just a friend. A FRIEND.

I should reject his offer. It would do more harm than good to lead him on.

-------------
Me:
I don't think that's a good idea.
-------------

The message looked like it was staring right back at me, telling me to rethink my choices. In the end, I just didn't have it in me to send it out, so I retyped it.

------------
Me:
Tell me the time and meeting place.
------------

I threw my phone back into my locker. As long as I was careful, he wouldn't remember me.

I just had to be careful. Yeah, that's it. I touched the red band that was on my neck and for some reason, my heart ached.

We're friends. Nothing more. We can't be anything more.

THEODORE.

I stood by the station entrance, hands in my pocket. I could feel my palms becoming sweaty for being nervous.

It's Christmas. People are out celebrating with their loved ones so there are couples everywhere. Couple to the left, couple to the right. One just walked right past me!

Then you have yours truly. Single as fuck. Though he hopes his status might change at the end of the day.

Since that asshole Alex sent the message, I have been pacing up and down in my head about how this was gonna work.

I knew I had feelings for the guy. Probably did since the second I laid eyes on him. The urge in me to take things to the next level is killing me, but I'm not so sure about Daniel.

Does he feel the way I feel, even in the slightest?

"Hey!" I heard a familiar voice call from the distant. He was talking over, looking very (and I mean VERY) attractive. How can a guy look so good with a white shirt and outerwear?

Fuck, I need to control myself.

"Hey man. Glad you made it."

"Yeah," he answered, rubbing the back of it is neck with hand.

Was he nervous like I was?