12.

THEODORE.

That asshole.

14 fucking years. I was left roaming for so damn long.

When I finally realized that he was the one I was looking for all this time, the emotions were overflowed.

I resented the fact that I forgot about him for so long. The self-blame kicked in and I wanted to slap myself so bad. How lonely was he all this time?

Anger came next because I remembered that this was something that could have been avoided. We could have been happy together, but things went down another road because of Daniel's worries.

Sadness and regret crashed in when I remembered I wasn't there for him when he needed it. When he was facing all these thoughts alone, I was going on about how happy I was about other trivial things.

Anxiousness took over when Daniel tried to push me away once more. He wanted to run away and hide again, thinking that it was for my sake. Fuck, I had to do so much convincing just to make him stay.

I should be glad that he even agreed to stay friends first, but I was selfish. I wanted to be more than friends from the get-go.

I put the weights down and wiped the sweat off my face with my towel. Hitting the gym didn't seem to be helping me release my frustrations.

Asking Alex for advice the other day was the wrong idea. He first laughed at us for how stupid we sound, "because it's something straight out of a drama series!" he said.

After all, "14 years is a big gap. How sure were you that everything will be the same as when you were young?" Alex then went on about how Daniel may be right in asking for some space first.

Picking up my phone, I saw a notification from my sister, saying she was in town for a meeting.

I punched in the numbers and held the phone to my ear. The person on the other side picked up the call after a few rings.

"Tri, we need to talk."

——————————

"Make it quick buddy. Queen here doesn't have all day," she said as she sat down.

"Yeah, nice to see you too Tri."

"So what's got your panties in a bunch? You sounded serious over the phone." She skimmed over the menu and turned her attention to the waiter. "One hot mocha. Thanks." He quickly noted down her order before taking the menu and retreating to behind the cashier. "Which chick did you screw up this time?"

"First of all, boxers are much more comfortable. Secondly, I didn't screw any chicks. I'm not a screwdriver. Thirdly, we're in a restaurant. Aren't you gonna order any food? What's wrong with you?"

She brushed her locks behind her shoulder and gave me her bitchiest look she could. "When I looked at the menu, there was no such food called 'Trinity's special'. Hence, I'm not ordering. Plus, it's like only 3 in the afternoon? Who eats at such a horrible timing?"

"Yours truly," I answered while stuffing a big piece of chicken breast into my mouth.

She rolled her eyes. "So what is it you want to talk about?"