Chapter 3

RHEA

Her eyelids felt like it carried a weight of 25 pounds each. She tried to be fully awake hoping that all of what she'd seen earlier was just a bad dream. With much effort she opened her eyes entirely only to realize that it was all not her dream but the bitter reality of her helpless situation. Her eyes fell upon the figure sitting beside the bed.

Truth be told, he was a fairly handsome man. He had sharp facial features with a scar his left eyebrow. It wasn't difficult to say that under the T-shirt was nicely toned body. All in all, the man was a fine example of tall, dark and handsome. There was something that told her that she knew him. Something about that face was familiar but she couldn't quite put a finger on who he was.

"Who are you?", she asked trying to mask the panic bubbling inside her. The man mocked laughter and spoke, "Really honey? You don't remember me?" As soon as Rhea heard his voice, all of her past came rushing back to her. How could she have not known? Obviously it was him, who else could it be? Everything weirdly made sense. Now she was utterly terrified. But the last time she'd checked, he was serving his time in Canada prison.

Rhea was not going to give him the satisfaction of knowing that she was scared. She kept her tone as calm as possible and said, "Matthias! You? But how? Weren't you in Canada? And why am I here Matthias?"

Matthias - "Panda, please! Don't pretend that you're not scared. I know, reading all those books that you love to read, you've learned how to hide your fear. You've always been good at hiding your feelings, but you forget that I've always been good at knowing what's inside your mind just like I know that right now you are scared and also thinking about ways to escape from here, which by the way let me tell is not possible. You can't escape from here. You're also thinking about your wedding and trying to figure out how you got here. Am I right?"

"No, you're not", Rhea snapped "you think you know me Matthias but a person like you will never truly know me. And you still haven't answered MY questions."

Rhea had always been impatient and bossy. And everyone who knew Rhea knew it too, including Matthias.

"Yes honey it is ME. I thought you would have been happy to see me after so long. But to answer your questions, Yes I was in Canada but now I'm here and I'm here only for you hon."

"For me? You are here to satisfy your ego Matthias Warren and no I'm not happy to see you. I was supposed to be getting married today but you... You brought me to this 'god-knows-where' place just so that you could have your revenge. Great Matthias! Are you happy now?"
By now she was shaking with rage. Her face puffed red due to her outburst. That was another characteristic about her - She had little to no control on her anger.