The Day We Met

"Miss, (y/n)! We have a problem!" Your secretary ran into your office without knocking and even though she knew you hate it, she used to do this every time she was in a big trouble, so you immediately started wondering about what it could be. Yui was a tall and slim girl with red hair that she used to wear in a bun; she had glasses and was in her mid twenties, just few years younger than you and even though she was still young, she was the best secretary you had so far: loyal, punctual, dedicated to work and decent.

"You know how that word does not exist in my vocabulary, Yui!" You were sitting in your chair with your hands crossed a little bit frustrated because she started panicking over nothing; or at least that's what you thought.

          "I'm sorry, Miss, but our turbine is not working properly! If we leave it like that, our C-block might lose their electricity within next 24 hours!"

"Do you know the cause of it?" You started being interested in what's happening because your company depends on it and you knew it all too well.

          "Well... I asked guys to check the new system and it looks like turbine is affected by the New Momentum..."

"New Momentum?" You murmured in disbelief, "Is it rotating in the negative again?"

          "No, Miss!" Yui corrected her glasses that almost fell from her face when she was running to your office, "Just the opposite!"

"What do you mean?"

          "I think you should check it for yourself! Apparently Neo Domino government has a new chief, who designed a mainframe, some programme to keep it stable", she was looking at some papers in her hands.

"Is that so?" You reached with your hand to her implying how she should give you the papers she held and it didn't take her long to recognise your body language.

          "Yeah and his name is Dr. Fudo", she placed a bunch of papers on your desk. It was an article about Fudo Yusei and programme called Fortune. It's been almost eight years since Neo Domino changed Sector Security into government and elected Yeager as the first mayor of the city. He took Yusei into his care to design a programme that will keep Momentum safe and in positive rotation, so that Zero Reverse never happens again.

"I don't understand... Our system is the best and newest system required by Kaiba Corporation to keep all things in order.... If our turbine is affected by New Momentum, it's obviously their fault, not ours..." You were talking to yourself trying to find any reasonable explanation to what has happened just now but as you are, you wanted to check it for yourself. You were born in the Tops, in the very centre of Neo Domino city within a very rich family. Since your parents were never home, you were raised by an old lady, who used to live with you but she died few years ago leaving you all alone... You inherited the Wind Turbine Company (WTC) from your parents because they were too busy with their trips; they had no time to take care for the company or for you. Since you grew up with the old lady, she taught you most precious values in life and tried to guide you to the right path, so you will never be blinded by ambition or money and she really did a great job before her death. Leaving you with all kind values you had, so everyone in your company loved your presence and your attitude. Regardless of your strictness and sometime serious tone of voice, they never doubted your actions as their leader.

          "Maybe you should check it for yourself!" Yui nodded trying to get you back from your land of thoughts.

"Yes, sorry, I was just thinking..." You murmured but she just nodded, "Let's go!" You walked to her, leaving the article on your desk as you followed Yui to the programme sector that was controlling the turbines.