Chapter 24: Alive

"What's he doing here?" Derek's face scrunched up in disgust.

"Derek-"

"No Olivia I don't want to hear it. How are you just going to on that fast?" He started stepping closer to me and he pointed his finger in my face.

"Hey don't talk to her like that." I hear Harry stand up for me and I backed up away from Derek and was standing next to Harry but he was slightly in front of me.

"You can't tell me what to do, I used to live here." He got in Harry's face this time.

"I came back to get my stuff Liv and I was going to tell you that I missed you and that I thought I made a mistake. I guess I didn't and maybe I was right. You are a whore." He looked me up in down in disgust and started to walk away to get the rest of his things from the bedroom.

Harry grabbed his arm before he could leave and pulled him back towards us.

"I said don't talk to her like that."

"And what are you gonna do about that?"

Harry's knuckles turned white and I watched his eyes get dark. The vein in his neck started to pop out and I could tell he was getting angry.

"Harry it's okay..." I looked up at him to try and calm him down.

Harry let go of Derek's arm and he walked back to the bedroom while we waited in the kitchen. Harry's arms were folded and I could tell his breathing was heavy.

"Olivia what the fuck!" Derek screamed and came storming out of the bedroom.

"Does that bastard live here now?" He pointed to Harry. I forgot that some of Harrys stuff was still in moving boxes.

"Don't call him that! Derek you decided to leave so I'm allowed to decide how I want to live my life now!" I yelled back him and I could angry tears welling up in my eyes.

"God I'm so fucking stupid for waiting for you. You never loved me and you fucking disgust me." Derek walked towards the living room to get something out of there, but on his way he purposely ran into me and hit me with his shoulder knocking me off balance.

I watched Harry reach out and jerk Derek back by the arm. He wound his arm back and heard the sound of Harry's fist meet with Derek's cheek. I tried to grab Harry before anything else happened but he was too fast for me. It scared me too because I knew how strong Derek was.

"Harry stop it!" I started to cry because I couldn't do anything to stop him. I watched as Derek planted a punch on Harry's face and busted his lip. They both had blood on their shirts now, but Harry some how managed to pin Derek against the wall to where he couldn't move. He held his face against the wall with his forearm and held his arms behind his back and leaned all his body weight on him so he couldn't move.

"Now are you going to stop talking to her like that?" Harry's voice was deep with angry and he was breathing heavy because I could see his chest moving up and down.

Derek's body language showed that he agreed but I saw his jaw tighten in anger when Harry finally let him go. He left to the bedroom to grab his things and I went over to Harry.

"Harry your lip..." I started to cry and examined his busted lip. Luckily he didn't have a swollen eye, but his lip looked painful and there was blood all over his shirt.

Harry started to calm down when he looked at me and I watched him relax his shoulders back.

"I'm sorry Liv you're probably disappointed." He looked down at the floor in shame as I went to the kitchen to get the first aid to clean up his face. He was sitting on the couch when I came back in ready for me to take care of his busted face.

"Harry why did you do that?" I said as I cleaned the blood off his face. I wasn't disappointed in him but I was curious as to why he thought he needed to do that.

"I shouldn't have done that, but Liv I'm not going to let someone talk you like that when I'm standing right there." He winced in pain and I cleaned the cut on his lip.

"I'm not disappointed in you... I'm more in shock because of what I just witnessed, but I know you did that because you care." I moved his hair because it was starting to fall in his eyes and I looked at his cut again to make sure the bleeding had stopped.

"I'm sorry again Liv..." I could tell he still felt bad about what had happened.

"I know you are, but maybe next time use your words. Not your fist." We both laughed a little and I looked down at Harry's red knuckles from hitting Derek. I handed Harry an ice pack for his lip because it started to swell.

"I'd kiss you but..." I said as I pointed to my face and laughing at Harry.

"How funny olivia." I could see him smile behind the ice pack because his eyes squinted.

Derek walked back in the living room to grab something and he didn't say a word.

"Hey I'm sorry mate." Harry tried to apologize but Derek didn't even acknowledge that we were sitting there. I could see the side of his face was already swelling a black eye was forming from where Harry hit him.

"Derek do you want an ice pack?" I asked trying to be nice.

"I'm fine." He still didn't turn his head and he grabbed the rest of the things and left.

"Well we've had an eventful day." I looked back at Harry and exhaled.

"Olivia I know I've apologized so many times, but I just want to say I'm sorry again. This isn't really how I imagined our date night ending." His words were a little muffled because he still held the ice to his face but I still understood what he said.

"Harry it's okay I understand." I rubbed his leg reassure him.

"Plus you kicked his ass anyway." I started laughing and so did Harry. He brought his free hand to his face and covered his eyes as he was laughing.

"I love you olivia." It rolled off his tongue so naturally, but he stopped for a moment because he realized what he had just said. I was surprised by what he said too and I let out a tiny gasp, but then I smiled.

"I love you too Harry." I looked into his eyes and could see how happy he was even though he was siting there with a busted lip and a bloody shirt. What I said was true. I was in love with Harry and as exhilarating the feeling was, I was still equally as scared for where our relationship was going to go. I always forgot he was a world famous celebrity because I only saw him as the guy who made me feel alive.