Chapter 31: Illusion

I woke up with a crick in my neck because I had fallen asleep on the couch. My beck pain didn't wake me up though, it was the sound of my ringtone because I turned on the volume in case Harry called me. Which he was.

"Hello?" I said groggily.

"Oh liv I'm sorry did I wake you??" Harry's voice was concerned.

"Yeah but it's okay it's almost 2 in the afternoon anyway." I said as I sat up off the couch wiping the sleep from my eyes.

"Oh wow it's almost 6am-" I cut off Harry because I remembered I told Calum I'd meet him at 2 in the library.

"Babe I'm so sorry I love you but I forgot I had to do something for school today!" I said really fast into the phone as I got up to go get ready so I wouldn't be late. I didn't want to blow him off because I knew I'd feel bad about plus I need to study.

"I love-" was all Harry could get out before I hung up the phone and threw it on the couch so I could go get ready and get all my stuff together.

I basically ran to the library, and even though I can walk to school it was still a long run. Luckily it wasn't too hot outside because of the time of the year so I wasn't sweating, but I was out of breath.

As I ran into the library I slowed down my pace so I didn't disturb the other students or get in trouble by the librarians. I scanned the tables for Calum but I couldn't find him.

"Over here Olivia!" I heard a whisper-shout. I watched the librarian shoot him glance to be quiet and I went over to the table he was sitting at.

"I thought you were gonna blow me off." He laughed as I sat down.

"I'm only..." I reached for my pocket for my phone so I could see the time but it was no where to be found. "Damnit I left my phone."

"Seems like you ran a marathon to get here. You're only 15 minutes late." He said as he opened his textbook and got his notebook out.

I was kind of glad I left my phone because now I don't have any distractions and can study really good for this test.

"Cmon lets start studying. I really need to focus if I wanna make a good grade tomorrow." I said as I took out all my notes.

Calum and I had neuropsychology together and it was the hardest class, but he seemed to know everything that was going on. He explained a lot of concepts to me that I didn't understand and it was very helpful.

"Sheesh are you sure we are taking the same class?" I joked because his notes didn't look anything like mine.

"Yeah hahaha... I'm just really interested in this class. The brain fascinates me. When I was in high school my grandfather was diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's so I've been interested in learning about this stuff for a while. We were really close." He got a little embarrassed and he looked away from me.

"Oh I'm sorry..." I felt it get really awkward because I wasn't sure what to say.
"Well thanks for helping me anyway... I needed it I've had a lot going on and haven't really been able to focus on school. I feel pretty confident about this test now." I said.

"Yeah you're welcome... anytime." He said I could tell he felt a little awkward after telling me about his family.

We both started to pack up our things because we felt we had done enough studying.

"Hey what time is it?" I asked.

Calum lifted up his wrist to check his Apple Watch. "Oh wow it's 6 o'clock." He said and let out a chuckle.

"Damn I need to get home before it gets dark so it's not sundown when I walk." I said as I started packing me stuff up faster.

"I can give you a ride if you need?" He offered.