My turn

"Hey Junior," Tony rocked his newborn son in his arms. He studied his features, cute button nose, tanned skin, wide emerald eyes that stared up at him. His son, his son! He'd have everything he wanted, Tony would make sure of it. He'd have every toy he could ever want, every story book, he'd have all the love a child could ever need and more; never would there be a night when he didn't receive a kiss on his forehead before bed or wasn't tucked in and told that he was loved. He'd spend so much time with the boy, he'd teach him Italian, they'd play games, they would work together in the work shop - only if he wanted to of course, his kid didn't have to be some super genius to earn Tony's love, he didn't have to be interested in science - Tony wouldn't make him do anything he didn't want to. Tony wouldn't be cold to his son like his own father was to him; he'd tell his son he loved him everyday until he got sick of it, for he knew how it could destroy a relationship if those three words were never said. He'd dedicate every day to his son, domestic life was never quite his style, but when Peter smiled -

"Alright, you've had long enough, it's Uncle Rhodey's turn," Rhodey announced as he burst in through the with a panting nurse on his trail. She gave the two new parents an apologetic look but Pepper just smiled and dismissed her while Tony stared at his best friend in confusion. "Okay so your times up, give me my nephew," Rhodey demanded hands outstretched, ready to take Peter. That's when it his hit Tony what was going on. "Wh- wha- what no?! I just got him, he stuttered flustered.
"C'mon Tones you've had him for approximately 6 minutes and 26, no 27 seconds." Tony opened his mouth to object, "yes, I've been counting, now stop hogging the kid, it's Uncle Rhodey's turn," and with that he snatched Junior, gently of course, out of his father's arms and started rocking him. "Soooooo, what his name?" Rhodey asked, smiling down at the baby he was carrying.
"Peter Parker Antonio Potts-Stark," Pepper answered.
"Nice, he's cute, he kind of looks like you Tones," he observed.
"Well, if you're calling me cute..." he paused to strike a pose, "I accept," he responded, smirking smugly. Pepper, in her hospital bed, just rolled her eyes. "I take it back, he's the spitting image of Pepper," he shot back. "Let's hope you didn't get your daddy's ego," he chuckled.
"So this is the kid we've been waiting for. Can I - "
"No Happy, wait your turn I just got him!" Rhodey exclaimed indignantly  same time Tony said, "um, I feel that if anyone should hold the kid it's me,"
"I wa- I was gonna ask to have some water," Happy clarified, pointing to the jug of water with a glass in the corner of the room, probably meant for Pepper , with a bewildered look on his face. "Relax Rhodes I don't want to carry the kid; babies freak me out." After receiving strange looks from those in the room he continued, "they don't have kneecaps. I don't trust creatures that don't have kneecaps!" It suddenly became obvious to them all how Happy was trying to avoid making eye contact with Junior's legs. Tony gasped, feigning offence, "stop insulting my son's knees; you're making him sad," as if on queue Peter giggled, seemingly amused by the situation. "Traitor," he mock glared at the newborn. "Now, your times up Rhodes, give me back my baby," he demanded.

"Excuse me your baby?" Pepper, who had otherwise been silent for the exchange, spoke up from her hospital bed, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not aware that you carried him in your stomach for 9 months. Or that you spent the past 40 hours, in excruciating pain, pushing him out of your - "
"Alright, that's enough we get it!" Tony cut her off, "you are not gonna finish that sentence," he shuddered at the thought while Pepper sat looking smug. "Then give me back my baby," she said and no one argued.

10 minute time skip brought to you by Michael (yeah he got out of the bathroom... eventually)

A sleeping baby lay on Pepper's chest, while she looked perfectly content watching his chest rise and fall. It was a peaceful sight to see; the love radiating from the mother to he new born. This was interrupted by Tony pointing out in his seat, "uhhh Pep, I believe that it's my turn."

{AN: 2 musical references in one chapter! So, how was that? Was it cute, funny or was it just cringey. I hope you liked it! Comment if you got the Hamilton reference, (the BMC one was a bit obvious) or you could just vote, that would be enough!}