Chapter 4

"I really appreciate you taking Diane's shift tonight. If you want to, you can spend the night and we'll work something out for tomorrow."Meliodas said, placing some money in  envelopes and setting it aside on the counter.

"I don't mind helping out, you've been really busy the last few days."Elizabeth replied with a smile. 

"I owe you one. King and Diane have been really busy with Tiana. When he has time, King's down here helping out. I kinda feel bad asking them to go out today. They're handling it pretty well though. We should probably-"

"All I'm saying is it would've takenn two seconds to help me with this. Ban growled, pushing open the door. Elaine, Diane and King followed him inside. Tiana sobbed in her father's arms.

"Ban,"King said without looking at the man. It was clear to everyone he was quickly losing his patience. "I haven't slept for more than a couple of hours the last few days, between being down here and waking up with Tiana every two or so hours every night. I don't think you want to start with me right now. I promise you, you will regret it."Elaine sighed heavily.

"Are you two ever going to stop fighting?" King gave the baby to Diane, it was clear the lack of sleep was also taking it's toll on the giantess.

"Speaking of helping out."Meliodas said, picking up the envelopes and making his way to King and Diane, giving them the objects.  "I can't promise I can do this all the time, but business has been good lately and you two have really put in a lot of extra work. I know you worry a lot about getting things for the baby, so I'll give you something when I can. I'm also going to give you a couple days off,  you two should try to get some sleep."

"As nice as that sounds, I don't see us really sleeping anytime soon." The fairy replied. "Tiana's going to be hungry again soon."

"I'll take her for a while, it's always empty around this time anyway."the dragon sin offered.

"I'll help too."Elizabeth added.

"I don't know, Captain."King said wearily. 

"You don't trust me with her, do you?"

"Were you drinking?"

"Not yet."Meliodas replied.

"Not at all if you're going to watch her."

"She'll be fine." the blond said.

"No drinking, swear it." King demanded. The dragon sin raised his hand.

"On my life."Diane was already giving Tiana to the princess.  Elizabeth smiled at the infant. 

"She's so precious!" she cooed, rocking the child softly. 

"Be good for the Captain and Elizabeth, Tiana. Mommy and Daddy love you so much,  we'll see you soon."Diane said lightly touching the baby's hand.

"She'll want her bottle in about a hour."King said as he and Diane started up the stairs to their room. Diane sat down on the edge of her bed, waiting for the fairy to settle in. Something had been  bothering her lately. 

"Harlequin?" she called as King lowered himself to the floor.

"Yeah?"he replied sleepily.  She took a deep breath. 

"I know you're tired, I am too...but do you think we could talk?"

"Yeah, sure. Is something wrong?"Diane shook her head.

"Not really wrong, just -there's something I want to say while Tiana's being taken care of. Can I come over?"

"Sure."Diane grabbed the blanket from her bed and crossed the short distance to sit beside him.