Chapter 3

Cuan scans the small collection of books written in Greek, they looked untouched and were covered in a thick layer of dust. The books were all about Greek mythical creatures, most of which Cuan already knew everything about and had slain before. So they were no help.

Eventually, after a couple of hours and several books later, Cuan found what she was looking for. Αθήνα. "Athena.."

"What was that? Did you find something?" Sam looked up from his book and walked over, gathering the attention of the other two. Dean looked up from the laptop he was working on and Bobby put down a Japanese book on the other side of the room.

Cuan looked up at Sam, then around the room, back at Sam then back to her book. "Uh.. yeah. Athena, Greek goddess of war and wisdom.. her description matches what I saw.."

Sam, Dean and Bobby all look at each other, silently communicating. Cuan glanced between the three of them, waiting. After a moment, Bobby sighs heavily and looks back over at the young woman.

"In my experience, seein' visions of strange women, god or not, normally ain't good. So I reckon you stay here where we can keep an eye on ya in case something bad happens. Sound fair?"

Caun nods slowly, looking down at the image of Athena. "..Sounds fair.." Bobby nods and gets up to go grab himself a beer. The two Winchesters look at each other again before Dean sets the laptop aside and walks over to Caun.

"So. What's the part you're not telling us?"

Caun did her best to look confused, her eyebrows furrowing and a small frown on her face. "What do you mean?"

Both Winchesters had a hard expression, trained eyes watching for anything that would give her away. "You haven't told us the whole truth. Now, you may've passed the monster tests, but that doesn't clear you completely." 

Caun felt ice cold anxiety weave its way through her chest but tried to not let it show, keeping her face still and voice level. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Dean raised an eyebrow, "I think you do."

Sam spoke up, "The sooner you tell us the whole truth, the sooner we can start making a plan of what to do about this Athena thing."

Cuan looked down at the ground, tapping her fingers on the side of her leg. The moment they find out, they will kill me. I have to leave. I can't stay here.

She took a deep breath and looked up at the two brothers as they waited for a reply. She glanced across the room to where she could see her backpack out of the corner of her eye. Cuan's gaze returned to the boys and she shook her head slightly.

She turned her foot and pushed off into a sprint towards her backpack, grabbing it and then changing direction slightly towards the window. The two Winchesters shouted out and attempted to grab her but Caun ran head first into the window, the shattering glass spraying everywhere as she fell out onto the dusty yard outside.

Without looking back, she quickly picked herself up off the ground and sprinted off Bobby Singer's property and down the road.