1. Burn

1...2...3.....4....5...6...7- AH

I felt my arms give out and I fell to the floor.

Ugh... I'm not going anywhere in this condition.

I was sore all over, It's been 2 weeks since I woke up and Justin filled me in on everything. Apparently in my fight with Sylis and his demons, I broke my right arm, sprained my left ankle and fractured 2 ribs. I am mostly recovered but my ribs are still aching.

Sighing, I lay back on the pile of leaves I have called my bed for the last 2 weeks. I close my eyes, while putting my hands on my forehead and take a deep breath. I turn my head in the direction of the caves opening where the water barrier made its self noticed with its heavy sounds from the sea. Taking in a another breath of air, the mix of cool waters and wet rocks fill my nostrils.

Toby...

I heard Oscars voice, my mind filled with memories of him.

Oscar...

I tried to reach for him, search for him until another voice took over.

My son...

For that, you have to be reborn...

Sylis...

I felt myself become hot. My body was burning with fiery. Flames filled my eyes, hearing his voice.

Get. Out. of. my. HEAD!

I jumped, feeling a sizzling pain on my forehead and the burning in my eyes as they shot open. I looked down at my hands, that were burning bright red. I sighed as I stood up and walked towards the falling waters at the caves entrance, quickly placing my hands in the heavy water fall, I watched as the heat began to shimmer.

This has been happening ever since I woke up. Every time I close my eyes, I see his face, both of there faces. It starts with Oscar, I search for him but I can't see him, only the memories. I'm the middle of my search I then hear Sylis' voice, it's the same phrase every time....for that you have to be reborn.

His laugh fills my mind and then I see flames, my eyelids burn and my hands burn bright red. I can never figure out how to stop it so every time I just put my hands in water, after awhile they simmer. I haven't slept in days but even if I could, I don't think I'd want to. My mind is filled with nothing but images of him, my mom, sad eyes, my dad, Emmanuel..... so many people have died because of me. They can't go in vain.

They won't go in vain.

I jump when I feel someone grab my hands. I look up to find Justin's worried face staring at me.

"Toby? I called you five times."

I shake my head.

"Sorry, spaced out." I look down, seeing only half his body and his tail still moving back in forth in the water. "I'll get you some pants" I say in monotone. Walking away towards the space where him and I sleep, I grab sweats from the corner where his clothes lied. I hand him the sweats and turn around, hearing the splash of water and his grunts as he pulls on his pants quick, I chuckle a bit.

I hear his 'okay' for me to turn around. I guess I moved to quick cause when I turned a sharp pain shot through my side. I hissed in pain grabbing my side.

"Have you been doing push ups again? I told you to stop doing that, your side should be healing right now but if you keep pushing it you will have to stay here longer and I know you don't want that." He scolds me while helping me walk back to my bed of leaves. I lay down, wincing and he sits by me.

"What was that?" He says

"What was what?" I shift to face him.

"You staring in the water, did you heat up again?" I nod my head confirming his statement. He sighs. "Clayton is coming tomorrow, you can finally ask him what the hell is wrong with you. That's what I was trying to find out today, when he was coming." I nod slowly, keeping my eyes on the the ground.

"I'm gonna shut my eyes for a bit." I say laying back with my left arm over my eyes. I hear him mumble an 'okay' before I hear the shuffling of him moving away from me.

I can finally have my questions answered.

I've grown fond of Justin but even so this cave is a prison, a prison keeping me from my one goal.

Killing Sylis.

——————————————————

I'm back! My apologies for keeping y'all waiting 😔 Hi 👋🏾, a nice long chapter to start y'all off.

What do you think?!