2. Dream

Toby...

Toby....
                                          Oscar?
October!...
                                           Oscar?!
OCTOBER!!...
Where are you? Oscar!

It was dark but I could hear the flames and the screams. The deep voice continued to chant my name in a horrifying chorus.

OCTOBER! OCTOBER! OCTOBER!

HELP ME! YOU LEFT ME! HELP ME!

No! I didn't leave, no! Oscar! I'm coming, I'm coming!

My feet moved fast but my body went nowhere. The black abyss only continued to in gulf me in its infinite darkness. Though I kept reaching for the voice, until I saw him.

Oscar?

He laid motionless on the dark floor.

OSCAR!

My tears pouring from my eyes, I sprint to his dead body. Dropping to my knees before him, I gather his upper body in my arms, cradling his cold corpse close to my warmth.

Oscar
I sobbed.
Wake up, please!

Toby...

The screams silence themselves, all I can hear are the echoes of my movements. Pulling away from him quickly, my eyes blinking in hast to try and clear the water still falling from them.

Oscar?

I slowly inch my face closer to his. Closer. Closer.

Oscar? I whisper, so close that our noses almost touch...

Silence fills the dark abyss, only my breathing is heard...

His eyes snap open. The screams reappear, louder than before, the flames louder than before. My soul leaves my body when I find that his eyes are no longer the deep, dark, brown I remember. His pupil had grown wide and the whites of his eyes were no more. A black abyss had filled his chocolate orbs. He grabs my neck, my breathing began to whiter. My tears fall harder, I'm a sobbing mess. Oscar brings me close and the screams cease when I hear his rough, dark voice...

I will find you

I am sobbing harder now my hands grip his wrist, his hands still caged around my throat. I try to pry him off me, the silence again filled with the screams of not just one voice but more voices now.

Mom...

Sad eyes...

Dad..

Their chants grew louder, the chorus continued. My ears begin to bleed, I let out an ear wrenching scream. My body is hot, the abyss is no longer black, but filled with orange and yellow flames. My hands begin to glow a bright red and Oscar hisses in pain, letting go of my throat, hand shaped burns are visible on his wrists. I feel my feet lift from the ground, my body burning with fiery red flames. I take my hands and aim them at my sides, more fire. The black abyss is now a spiral of red and yellow fire, the fierce glow of flames now took over the demons burrow, and Oscar had disappeared. My tears continued to  fall.

I can't control it, someone help.

I felt a rush of water slap into me before darkness takes over my vision.