4. The Second meeting

Ugh, my head is pounding.

My groans grow louder as I slowly lift my upper body. My hand supporting my body behind my back, I find myself staring at my lower body, which was wrapped in a blanket. I was in underwear.

Why do I keep waking up in my underwear?!

I turn quickly when I hear footsteps, but instantly regret it when the pounding in my head grew worst.

"Hey I had to take your clothes to dry, they were soaked." I hear Justin's breathy voice as he approaches, my clothes in hand.

I massage my head, my eyes closed.

"What the hell happened?" I ask.

"That's what I'd like to know." I hear a deep, unfamiliar voice appear. Turning slower than before, I look to see who was behind me.

"Justin has been filling me in on what's been going on. I hear your causing this poor man a lot of trouble." The deep voice belonged to no other than the prince of Sirenia himself, my brother.

"Hi...,Clayton." Seeing him now made everything so much more real. Here I am acting like I'm the only one losing people, but here I have my brother, who I only just found out about. He lost his father.

Because of me.

Because I drew the demons in.

Because couldn't save him.

This man before me doesn't know anything about me, other than the simple fact that we were breed from the same man, saved my life and brought me somewhere safe to keep me hidden from the very same beings that killed our father.

And I the one with powers!

Man, I must look pathetic.

I stare down at my hands fiddling in my lap.

"Justin, may I speak with October for a moment, please." His voice, commanding. I knew full well he was not asking.

As Justin's footsteps leave the room, Clayton's approach.

I'm nervous. Why? Maybe it's because he's most likely my last living relative and I don't even know if he likes me! I mean sure he saved me but, he could have just been doing that because of the prophecy.

"How are you, October?" He says, slowly sitting himself on the floor.

I look up at him.

"I'm fine, my injuries have healed well."

He nods his head. "I hear you have been connecting with your power, lately."

"Not intentionally." I say in a mumble.

"This is good. You just need to learn how to control it. Justin told me that you haven't slept well these past days. I'm assuming that would have something to do with your fire show, in the midst of your sleep last night?"

My panicked eyes find his. "What do you mean fire show? I've only had hot hands and reddened eyes!"

Clayton shakes his head in a matter a fact "From what Justin had told me, last night you were floating and your entire body was set with fire, if it wasn't for the mans ability to manipulate water, so he could throw it at you, you probably would have found fried fish in the morning." My eyes wide in shock.

Oh no, Justin.

"Don't worry, I can teach you to control it." My gaze towards him turns into a look of confusion.

"How could you teach me?"

Does he have powers?

Right then, Clayton waves his hand and a ball of fire appears. He looks up at me with a smirk.

"You think your the only one with tricks, I am also a child of the Sirenia God."

Well, this should be exciting.