chapter two: real life

"Jabez, either take off your shoes or get off my bed for the last time! You're gonna make my sheets dirty!" Dior exclaimed

"Jabez, either take off your shoes or get off my bed for the last time! You're gonna make my sheets dirty!" Dior exclaimed. Jabez smacked his lips and took his shoes off before sitting all the way on the bed with the girl's PS4 controller.

It was Saturday, and the group of friends were at Dior's house chilling. Dior was sitting on her bed editing an essay she had due on Monday, Jabez and Don were playing on her PS4, Andre was making tiktoks by her window, and Tommy was watching god knows what on his phone.

Dior got a text message on her phone. "Um, my mom said her and my dad are going out and that y'all can stay if y'all want to. She also said if y'all stay what do y'all want to eat because she'll order it for us."

After getting reports that they were going to stay and that the majority vote was Chick-fil-A, Dior texted her mom back and returned to her laptop. The teens sat in silence together with the exception of yells from Jabez over the game and Tommy's giggles.

Dior checked her phone to see that her mom texted to tell her that their food was downstairs. She climbed out of bed, put on her house shoes by the door and journeyed downstairs. 

The girl saw that the food was on the table and grabbed it along with their drinks. She carefully walked upstairs with the items and walked back into her room. She set the food and drinks on the dresser and grabbed the mini table behind her door to set up the food. 'They were not getting food on her white bedspread', she thought. 

Once she was done setting up the table, she took her food and sat on the bed. Don turned to her and said "Uh ma'am, why do we have to sit at the table?" 

"Because you ugly's don't know how to eat without making a mess." she responds without batting an eye. She took the remote from him and changed the TV to Netflix so she could watch 'Nailed It!" while eating.

---

"Draw 12 boy," Dior said to Tommy. The five teens had finished eating and were playing UNO and it was currently a friendship-ending game. 

"Man, I'm tired of y'all! I'm 'bout to go home, on God!"

"It ain't our fault, you're horrible at UNO," Dior replied to the angry boy. They continued to play the game, with Dior winning because she's the self-acclaimed 'Queen of UNO'. 

After the game, Andre put on some music and the friends chilled for the rest of the night.