Chapter Thirty-two

Noriaki had woken up a few hours ago. He didn't feel even the slightest of pain anywhere on his body. That wasn't a problem right now, though.

Noriaki was busy staring out a window when he suddenly heard the door open. The redhead swung his head to see who it was, and to his utter astonishment, it was Jotaro Kujo.

"..JoJo!" Noriaki quickly scrambled out of bed and skipped over to his boyfriend, pulling him in for a tight embrace, "I missed you so much.."

Jotaro smiled, just happy to have his lover in his arms once more. He returned the hug, nuzzling his face into Noriaki's shoulder (which was a pain), "I missed you, too.."

Noriaki pealed himself off of Jotaro, "can we leave now? I'd rather spend the day with you anywhere but a hospital. I'm not getting stuck in here again."

The taller boy nodded, "yeah. C'mon, I'll take you somewhere nice."

~

"JoJo, this is just your house," Noriaki looked confused as they stepped inside.

Jotaro shook his head, "she never told you? We actually have a garden on our property. I wanted to take you there some time.. and maybe we could cook something nice? Actually- no, no, I'll do it. I'll take you there- hold.. ah.."

Noriaki laughed at his puzzlement, "I'll ask Holly to take me there. You can finish whatever plans you have here." He ran off to go find Jotaro's mother.

Jotaro waited until he was well out of sight. He then took out a small box from his pocket and opened it to reveal an engagement ring inside.

Now, Jotaro had absolutely no experience in proposing. But that was expected when he was only nineteen. But.. he knew this would be perfect. It had to be.

But.. what if it's too early? What if Noriaki says no? What will Jotaro do..?

He tried to clear his thoughts, focusing on all the positive outcomes that could happen. He took another look at the ring — emeralds lined the top, while the band was made of platinum. He hoped this wasn't too much.

Maybe.. what if jewels were too girly? What if Noriaki didn't like it? What if it was too small? Too big? He was sure he had accurate measurements.

..he was overthinking this. It couldn't be much harder than when he confessed, right..?

No, this was much more different. He was about to ask Noriaki to spend the rest of his life with him, and at such a young age.

But.. he was sure this was right. Maybe Noriaki would have more faith in their relationship. Being engaged for two years, though..

Jotaro believed this was the right thing.

~

Jotaro, with the help of Holly, had made two dishes of Japanese curry. Jotaro had explained his plans to Holly, which she supported whole-heartedly. He still felt that this might be a little.. off.

Noriaki was busy wolfing down his food, while also finding time for talking about useless things that they will probably never bother to mention again.

Jotaro had finished his curry, as did Noriaki. They were having a light conversation.

Jotaro couldn't help but find the scene before him whimsical. They were sitting opposite of one another in a well kempt garden. Cherry blossom trees surrounded the area, accompanied by wisteria trees. Holly said that they repelled demons.

It also had quite a few classical stone statues, as well as a koi pond. The two figured that sitting by the pond would be most preferable, since the cherry blossoms didn't smell very good.

Noriaki was in the middle of speaking, but Jotaro cut him off, "Nori. Something been bugging me ever since you woke up.."

The redhead smiled sweetly, "yeah? What is it, JoJo?"

Jotaro felt his heart beginning to pound, the butterflies in his stomach suddenly acting up. The raven-haired teen cleared his throat and sat up, digging through his pocket, "Noriaki Kakyoin.. I — I really.. value you.. and.." he swallowed thickly, wishing the nervousness would end.

Noriaki's eyes widened, "JoJo..?"

"I.. I love you more than life itself, and.. I.." Jotaro went dead silent.

Nope, nope, nope, n-

"...really need to use the bathroom!" He stood, then dashed out of the garden, leaving a puzzled Noriaki behind.

~

"God damnit! Why am I like this? Why can't I just man up and ask him!? What's wrong with me?" He slammed his fist against the wall, causing a crater in the dry wall.

"The scene was perfect, too! It was like.. right out of a movie! God.. I'm so stupid! The proposal could have been perfect!"

Noriaki knocked on the door, "what about a proposal?"

"Shit. Uh, nothing, Nori! I'm just — just trying to.. get some stuff situated," Jotaro explained himself.

"Okay! I'll see you when you're done!"

~

Noriaki sat in Jotaro's futon, playing with his singular curl, a wide grin on his face.

Was he trying to propose to me? He does realize that I would have said yes, right? I have no reason to say no.

Noriaki fell back, turning his head towards the open shōji. The sun was beginning to set.

Jotaro then suddenly made a grand entrance, looking a lot less.. terrible. Noriaki waved at him, "hey, JoJo. I assume you don't want to talk about what happened back there?"

The darker teen shook his head, "no. Not now, at least. We should go to bed. It's been a long day," Jotaro made his way over and plopped down beside Noriaki.

The redhead smiled, leaning upwards so he could place a kiss on Jotaro's cheek, "okay. By the way, if anything's bothering you.. I suggest you take care of it as soon as possible. You'll never know what could have been if you never take a shot.. you know?"

"..what's this about?" Jotaro cocked an eyebrow. Noriaki waved him off.

"You don't need to worry about that right now. You said yourself — it's been a long day. We should get some rest."

"..yeah. Okay."

~
|
~

look guys i was gonna make him propose but then i was like

"..but what if it's too soon?"

some advice; never write a book if you're as self conscious as i am

also, shameless plug incoming: you should totally check out my new jjba oneshots book if you haven't already ;D

bye bye, stay safe, and wash your hands