Chapter One

Growing up in Axel's spotlight was not a big deal for me him being so popular and me just being me was normal for us. He didn't care that I wasn't like the other girls, I was chubby ole me and he wasn't bothered about being my friend for that. I was used to being bullied by the popular girls for not being normal looking or skinny like them but that just wasn't for me, I have never cared about my weight I have everyone who loves me for me in my life and that won't change ever. 

Boy was my mentality off last week. I woke up this morning getting ready for a new day at school, today felt different the smell wasn't mom's cooking or dad's very strong coffee. At first I hesitated but I eventually had a shower and ran downstairs, my parent's normal loud chatter and laughter was replaced with whispering which came to a halt when I come into view. "Mom, dad! What's going on?" My mom looked at me and forced a smile, I had a weird relationship with my mom I loved her off course but I just felt she never loved me my dad on the other hand was like my best friend. 

"Baby sit down Mary wants to tell you something." Dad looked at my mom with pure hate I knew something was off but I couldn't put my finger on it, slowly I sat down on the stool in front of my parents. "Mom?" She was always cold towards me but today just felt awful I haven't even found out what's happening but I wanted to cry I knew it was going to bad. "Your father and I are divorcing I can't force myself to be in a family like this. I need to get out of here so you'll be staying with your father." I was completely and utterly shell shocked, just last week my parents was so in love where did it go wrong what changed? 

"I don't understand mom, why are you divorcing? Why are you leaving, is this the reason you hate me? Because I'm closer to dad please don't leave I promise I will change so you love me again!" My father finally looked up tears welling in his eyes, he knew how strained my relationship with my mother was but he secretly thought she loved me like he did, he was very wrong. "Hardin, I don't know how to say this without being harsh. You ruined my life, I wanted a nice skinny beautiful daughter who I could proudly show off. Not someone who is well you." 

I was crying, I even saw tears rolling down my fathers cheek. "Mary, enough! She is still your daughter how dare you speak to her like that." Normal people get their heartbroken from boyfriends not from their mother calling them fat and ugly. "Hardin your mother is beating around the bush, she has met someone younger with more money and no kids. I'm sorry you had to live with the abandonment from her." He walked over and started hugging me, what did I do to deserve someone like her? "Dad just get her to stay, I'll change and go to a weight camp please I'll even move out so you two can be happy like before." I knew nothing I said would change that woman's opinion on me. 

We was so distraught we didn't even realise she had got her stuff and started walking to the door until she started talking to us. "Please don't contact me again, you won't be hearing or seeing me ever again. I'll send you the papers William."