Chapter Seven

Tuesday Morning; 

I woke up this morning with my head held high for once that chat with Jesse really helped and having her around will be better for us. My dad and Jesse suggested she move closer but i asked if she could move in with us at first I was hesitant about Jesse but she is the mom I never knew I needed and Junior is my favourite human. They're house hunting today and I have two free periods so I'm going to take Junior to the library his choice not mine. While driving we stopped off to get a drink and doughnut in there we bumped into Axel whom I wanted to avoid for a little while but that wasn't happening quite clearly. "Hardin, I'm glad I bumped into you I'm sorry if I offended you yesterday I'm not sure what I said but I knew it upset you. Who is this little fella."

Junior hid behind me not wanting to speak to a stranger he has been taught well. "Urm I'm babysitting Junior say hi to Axel." After a few seconds Junior walked out boy did I want to kill him. "My mommy is dating Hardin's daddy." Please please let the ground swallow me up now. I didn't know where to look so I quickly but softly grabbed Junior by the hand and walked out. God I'm so stupid I need to be more careful. "Junior you can't tell people that okay. Especially not people I know." I felt bad because I knew I sounded angry and by his expression he knew I was too. "Let's just go to the library." We got back in the car and went straight there. 

Around 11am I was just about the leave the library leaving to give enough time to drop Junior off and make my lesson at 12. "Oh god sorry." Junior needs to watch where he is going. "Oh Carson, we still okay for today?" While scanning through the books and me he hardly spoke a word. "Oh about tonight. We're going out instead well only if you want to come off course I just thought you'd like to get to know your room mates before you move in tomorrow." Before I could say no he agreed to pick me up and take me to the party. "Junior don't tell my dad okay or no more doughnuts for you." 

I got to class just in time and found a seat next to a waving Carson. "I saved you a seat I hope that's okay?" I nodded and sat down. "So the party tonight, I'll get you for 9ish be ready dress casual." Trying to focus on my work and listening to Carson talk about Winnie and the party was a mission how I was going to catch up 6 months of work with him will be very hard. As soon as the bell rang I jumped straight out of the seat and went to my next class. My day was full off avoiding Axel and listening to Carson drag on about the party I didn't want to go to was dreadful. 

Tuesday Night;

9pm come around extremely fast I didn't know what to wear or how to do my hair and I didn't have a mom around to do it for me and I couldn't tell Jesse because she would tell my dad who would say I'm not allowed to go which doesn't seem like a bad idea now I've come to think off it. No I can't I promised Carson.  "Dad I'm popping to the shop and to see Axel I'll be back soon. Love you." 

I met Carson down the road where I told him to wait for me the closer I got the less I wanted to go. "There you are I was beginning to think you wasn't going to come." He looked nervous to be with me and I looked nervous for just any reason living. "Let's just get going before I chicken out." We arrived to some massive house that I didn't recognise. As soon as we arrived everyone was already slightly drunk or high. "Now the main guest is here lets play Truth Or Dare everyone gather round the fire pit." I looked at Winnie and knew she had something planned instantly I regretted it.

"Hardin, I dare you to kiss Carson." Immediately I went bright red I could feel my cheeks burning with embarrassment. Carson gets up and leans in and I don't know what it was but I go the rest off the way and let him kiss me some part off me wanted to kiss him but I don't know if that was my inner 16 year old self or was it for another reason. As the dares went down the line it finally got back to me. Some random person eventually chimed in and dared Axel to kiss me I feel like normally he would've laughed it off but this time he got up and leaned his body over me.

He looked at me and the room stood still, the people disappeared  I didn't know how to react. I edged closer to him before realising what I was doing. "I'm not playing this game anymore and not with you."