Chapter Eight

Axel's P.O.V

Tuesday Night;

Tyler had dared me to kiss Hardin and god knows what took over me but I got up and went to do it, never before have I found this girl to be more then my friend but when I saw Carson and her kiss my body felt weird. I didn't want him to kiss her I know they dated before but it's different now. She edged in closer and for a minute I thought she was going to kiss me but she must've realised what she was doing before I did. "I'm not going to play this game and especially not with you." 

I felt a little hurt but I kinda understood where she was coming from. We was friends and nothing more so why would I expect her to kiss me? I don't have an answer for that but what do I ever have an answer for oh that is right nothing! She walked off and the group started laughing I in fact had just been mugged off for the first time?

The night went on and everyone around me was drinking and being complete morons. I needed everyone to leave as soon as possible. Gradually the party started coming to an end and I was ready for bed. I walked upstairs towards my room and saw Hardin standing there looking at my books. "Hardin what are you doing in my room?" She jumped and dropped the book I guess sneaking up on people wasn't the best idea for me. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to startle you." She looked up at me and smile and for a while time just stood still. 

"I believe Hardin, you owe me a dare." Shit did I say that out loud I don't even know what took over me but I felt like I needed that kiss. I softly caressed her face and pulled her closer this is what's meant to be happening. "Axel stop I'm not doing this I've already told you that please just stop this game." This wasn't a game I wanted to play so at least we're on the same page with something. In the six months she'd be gone I didn't think about her that much unless she would randomly text me to update me on her grandparents so I'd been occupied with other people. 

Hardin walked out of my room and I didn't see her for the rest of the night. So I occupied myself with other people in the still here, Winnie. "Axel let's go upstairs and have some fun I won't reject you like that prude Hardin." Her voice irritated me more then anything but I needed to let out some steam. I led her upstairs and that's how my night ended sadly.