The Wrong Tea

This story's based on a CAH result;
"If I'm a cinnamon roll, too good for this world. Too pure. And you're for the aesthetic, then who's driving the waverider?"

After defeating Mallus, Nate wanted to help Sara and Ava relax. If only Mick hadn't set the fruit on fire, causing Nate to give Sara and Ava lyoga root tea.
Honestly I loved writing this so please enjoy.

After breaking time, then defeating Mallus, Nate wanted to help everyone relax. He figured he'd start with the captain and her girlfriend. So he made them some tea. Unfortunately, he wasn't paying attention when he picked a flavour tea. Mick chose that moment to come into the kitchen and accidentally set fire to some fruit as he grabbed a beer. His finger might've slipped and Gideon gave him two mugs of lyoga root tea instead of chamomile. In hindsight, he realised that giving Sara tea was not the best choice anyway.

"Captain, extra captain, I made you guys some tea." He held out two mugs. One of them read 'Captain Lance's mug, do not touch' on one side, and the other side had 'Mom friend ™'. Ray had made everyone a mug for Valentine's day. Ava's mug read 'Sword lesbian' and 'Step-mom friend™' which Ava hated until she saw Sara's mug.

"Uh, thanks, Nate." Sara wrapped her hands around her drink.

"Yeah, thanks. Shouldn't you be with Amaya?" Ava reminded him.

"Oh crap, right, gotta go! Enjoy your tea!" Nate ran off. He had forgotten that he would take Amaya on a tour through the U. S. before she left for Zambesi.

"He's such a kid," Ava spoke, sipping on the strange tea. Sara smiled and nudged Ava.

"Yeah but he's my kid. They're all my kids." She held up her mug as proof.

"They're all my step-kids," Ava mirrored Sara's movement. They sat in the captain's quarters, enjoying the rare peace and quiet. Ray was off on the jumpship with Rory, Zari and Wally were playing video games. The agreement was that they'd leave the temporal zone in a couple hours, and head for Aruba. It was time to relax.

About thirty minutes later, Sara started to feel a little weird.

"Hey Ava, do you see that tap dancing squirrel outside the window?" She pointed slowly, and Ava raised her eyebrows.

"Sara are you okay? Nothing can be outside, we're in the temporal zone, remember?" Sara stared at Ava like she were a rainbow panda bear. She reached out toward Ava, placing both her hands firmly on Ava's cheeks. She brought Ava's forehead to hers and looked her in the eyes with deep determination.

"What the fuck is going on, fuzzy?" Ava carefully lifted Sara up into her arms and glanced at the empty mugs.

"Gideon?! What kind of tea did Nate give us?!"

"Mister Heywood gave you both lyoga root tea, I believe that was not his intention. Mister Rory started a fire in the kitchen at the same moment, so mister Heywood got distracted." Ava felt the tea take its effects on her.

"Gideon, get the team here, now."

"Yes, miss Sharpe." Sara took that opportunity to raise her head and cross her eyes.

"I love this rollercoaster!" Ava placed her in the captain's chair, before turning to face the legends. Zari and Wally showed up first. They were both still clutching video game remotes.

"Hey Ava, what's going on?" Zari asked, before laying eyes on Sara who was spinning the chair round and round.

"Nate drugged her- I mean us, you are a giant doughnut with sprinkles." Oh no, she thought. It's working. She watched the doughnut cross her doughnut arms.