insecure •2•

We had finished our lunch and barely an hour had passed- 'what were we supposed to do?? I forgot that lunches with him are short unlike the ones with Mitsuri! I NEED to find a way to keep him busy with me though... aaRRRGHH! This is so annoying!'

By now, Obanai had put his bandages back- I stood by him on his side, being shorter than him, I glance up to his golden eye and notice something.

'His bandages..'

They were a mess. He clearly was in a rush when putting them back on for whatever reason- was it because of his heartbreak? Or because of the fear that others might see him?

I didn't know.

But I have to fix them.

"Obanai, look at me."

"Hm? What's wrong..?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

I stepped closer to him, placed my hands on the end of the bandage- he flinched and stepped back, but I reassured him, "Don't worry, I'm tightening them- they seem so loose that they might fall off at any minute".

"I can do it myself!" he protests as he firmly settles his grip on my hands to stop me, but I argue back- "I'm worried for you, so, just let me help you, please?"

Unsure of what to say, he averted his eyes to the floor, waiting a minute or so to think about it. Eventually and thankfully, he gave up and let go of me.

I stepped closer yet again.

A flush escapes his cheeks as I gracefully undid some of the loose ends and, instead, made them tighter, but not so tight as to be uncomfortable to wear or to talk into. I pretended to not see him fidgeting but I couldn't help but smile at his awkwardness- it was endearing.

"Aaand...all done!" proudly I exclaimed. He sighed, but thanked me nonetheless.

"So, what's on your mind?" Obanai asked as we started walking somewhere catching me off guard.

I look up to him and back to the floor, watching my steps and the pavement moving beneath me as I walk past it- I didn't know how to answer.

Upon trying to find an appropriate answer, I remembered Mitsuri's words- 'can you say bye to Iguro-San for us?' - I totally had forgotten about it and honestly, there hasn't been a good moment to relay it back to Obanai.

Lost in my thoughts and my head low, I didn't notice that Obanai had moved in front of me until I walked right into his shoulder- "ow! I'm sor- oh it's you- wait what??" I fumbled in my confused state of mind as I placed my hand on my nose- the place of impact.

"Aside from the fact that you just totally and knowingly ignored me, you've been awfully quiet" retorted the male with a hint of both worry and anger. I stare up at him- lock my confused and worried eyes with his mismatched slanted ones.

"I-" don't know what to say.

What do you even want me to say? That I love you- that I know how you feel about Mitsuri?

I fumble over my words, trying to find something to respond with or divert the conversation; "Listen- Obanai, don't-".

"Iguro-San? (Y/N)-Chan?"

My whole body shook wide awake- the same goes for Obanai as we both turn our heads to the familiar voice- to Mitsuri's gentle and wandering voice. At the moment, I was too bewildered to look at Obanai, but I could feel that his eyes shot wide open at the sight in front of us.

Kyojuro and Mitsuri fingers were entangled into a warm embrace as they stopped dead on their tracks as their eyes met with ours. This is beyond bad.

---

hope you enjoyed this