Chapter 5

Aliyah's p.o.v
~~
"Thanks, Aliyah. I enjoyed tonight." Nick was now dropping me off at my house.

"I should be thanking you, Nick. You drove me around." "It's no big deal." "Well thank you."

I walked over to him and hugged him. He hugged me back, and I kissed his cheek before pulling away.

"Goodnight Nick." He smiled. "Goodnight Aliyah."

I walked up to my door, and saw that he was waiting till I went inside to leave. Once I unlocked the door and got in, I could smell my moms cooking.

"Hey mama." I gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Hey sweetie. What's got you so happy?" "Oh nothing. Just came back from hanging out with Nick."

She put down the spoon she was using to stir a sauce and looked at me. "Nick? Nick Mara? As in the boy you like?"

I felt myself blush and nodded. "Yea. Him." "What we're you doing with him? I thought you would be with Darren."

I took a seat at the island and watched her go back to cooking. "I was. But then Nick was texting me. Long story short, Sophia cheated on Nick and I felt bad so I wanted to talk to him in person."

"Wait, Wait, Wait. Our Sophia cheated on Nick? Sophia Graham?" "Yea ma, that Sophia. I couldn't believe it either."

I saw her shake her head. "What did you guys do?" "Well, at first we met up at the park and then he took me for a drive. He thinks it's all his fault. He kept asking me if Sophia ever said anything about him doing something wrong."

My mom turned off the stoves and turned towards me again.

"At least you have a shot with Nick." "Mom", I gasped. "I can't do that to Sophia." "Do what? Your not gonna be doing anything. She's the one who cheated and ruined their relationship. All you're gonna be doing is going for your crush. It would be different if they hated each other but they don't."

I nodded. "I guess. I just don't know if he even likes me like that. He told me at the park he's glad that they're done cause he has feelings for someone else, but I highly doubt that it's me." She smiled and reached over, giving my shoulder a light squeeze.

"Just go for it hunny."
~~
I was now changing into my pajamas so I could go to bed. I had already showered, had dinner with my parents and did any small assignments we were already assigned.

My pajama top was a white crop top with a grey elephant in the middle. my bottoms were short shorts and had grey elephants all over them.

I walked over to my bed and lifted the blankets, slipping under them. I laid staring at the ceiling. I had the biggest smile on my fcae, and no matter how hard I tried it wouldn't go away.

Yes, a lot happened today. But despite it all, I can't believe Nick hung out with me. ME! And not one of his friends. I know, it isn't a big deal, but to me it is.

I heard my phone go off from on my night table, and picked it up. It was a few messages from Nick and Darren.

Dar 😩💖
Hey. How was it with ur boyfriend ;) ?

I laughed and answered him

Lili 🥰🤍
Haha. Very funny. And it was rlly good :)

Lili 🥰🤍
I'll tell u all about it tmrw

Dar 😩💖
Ok:) Gn 😘

Lili 🥰🤍
Gn 😘

I then went into mine and Nick's messages.

Nicholas 🥵😉
Hey Leah. I had a rlly good time tonight. Ik I alrdy said that but I mean it ☺️

Liyah 🥴🤤
Hey Nick. It was rlly no problem. And Ik I'm not Sophia, but I'm rlly sorry. I still can't believe she did that to u

Nicholas 🥵😉
It's alright. Now I can shoot my shot with the beautiful girl I got my eyes on.

Nicholas 🥵😉
It was also a rlly nice distraction 😉

Liyah 🥴🤤
☺️😙

Nicholas 🥵😉
😙

I felt myself blush. I knew there was very small odds, but maybe my mom was right. Maybe I am the girl Nick likes.