Chapter Six

"(Y/N)!"

   You opened your eyes to see Hop looming over you. Your chest felt tight, and you noticed you were struggling to catch your breath. He held out his hand, which you took. Helping you to your feet, he brushed dirt off your back.

   "Are you alright?" He asked, finishing brushing the majority of the dirt off.

   "Yeah... ," you replied, dusting off the areas he wouldn't dare touch, your breath was slowly returning. "Just winded."

   You noticed a man with a hat running towards you two. As he got closer, you recognized the gym leader, Milo. He had an apologetic look on his face, and as soon as he got within ear shot, he started apologizing. "I am so sorry! Are you alright? Wooloo tackled you head on!"

   You looked down at the ground, seeing a Wooloo who looked a little dazed. "I'm alright, he just knocked the breath out of me." You couldn't help but smiling at the reckless Pokémon, who now was standing up and padding back over to Milo.

   "I am truly sorry about that-," Milo paused when he realized he didn't know your name.

   "I'm (Y/N), and this is my friend, Hop, " you quickly introduced the two of you, and Hop stood a little bit taller when his name was mentioned.

   "Ah, (Y/N). You two were the ones endorsed by the champion, and I right?" Hop beamed proudly, which was enough to confirm Milo's thoughts. " I'm sorry that happened. He escaped from the stadium, so I had to hurry. Looks like I was a little late though," Milo chuckled with guilt .

   "That's alright," you reassured him. "It was an honest accident. Besides, I've had to help with a reckless Wooloo before," you have Hop a glare, who rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

   "The stadium? That is where we are headed now! " Hop changed the subject.

   "Really? Well, I guess I better head back over there if I have two new challengers. I'll see you soon." Milo said his goodbyes, signaling for Wooloo to follow him. You watched them leave, turning to Hop.

   "Well, I guess we had better get going," Hop suggested , and you two started making your way towards the stadium. You passed many farmers along the way, and all of them were super friendly. They waved as you passed, some even calling out a quick greeting. The smell of fresh crops and dirt was in the air, and the town had an overall earthy smell. It was a comfortable temperature, despite there being no wind. Grass grew all around you, and it was obvious why Milo specialized in grass types.

   Suddenly, you noticed a Yamper scurrying across the ground towards you. He yaped as he got closer, circling around your feet. "Woah, hey buddy!" You smiled, and he waggled his paws.

   "Hey, Its Sonia's Yamper," Hop observed. "He looks like he wants you to follow him."

   "What about the gym challenge? I want to see you battle Milo," you protested, but Hop waved It off.

"It must be something important, if Yamper is that excited to get you to follow him. Besides, it's not like there aren't many other battles you can watch. Think about it, by the time you get back, I'll be finished. You can get your badge, and we can continue on our journey!"

   You weren't entirely convinced, but Hop was right, it was probably something important. "Alright," you agreed at last. "Good luck Hop, give Milo a battle he won't soon forget."

   Hop gave you a cheeky grin, clearly confident. "Don't worry, I'll win by a landslide! Now you better get going, I'll see you soon!"

   With that you two parted, leaving you to follow Yamper. He led you along a trampled path, past large stone structures. You came to a roped off area that overlooked a large, earth mural. You felt your breath slip away as you stared at the image before you.