Chapter Seven

Sooo... I've written up to chapter eleven, I'm just trying to space out when I publish things so I'm not in a rush to write. The only problem I noticed is that there is basically nothing bad in this story, except for problems with your father. Do you guys want me to add more issues, or do you like this happy little world with Hop?

~~

  After breakfast, which you had managed to get up and help make, and was considerably better than last time, everybody was ready to go. The three new Pokémon you made friends with scampered back off into the wilderness, and you returned yours to their Pokéballs. You and Hop finished packing up, heading across the bridge towards Hulburry. A few feet away onto it and you were already amazed.

   The Wild Area expanded in both sides, hundreds of feet below you. You could see the gates of Hammerlocke far off in the distance, and a faint spot you identified as the train station in the other. Pokémon were flying in the air all around you, and you felt a strong pull to nature. You rushed over to the edge, peering at the ground below. It was absolutely breathtaking.

   Hop approached more cautiously, not daring to get too close to the edge. "What are you doing (Y/N)?" His voice had the slightest tremor in it the closer you got to the edge.

  "Come a little closer Hop," you invited your friend, not looking back. He may be terrified of heights, but there was absolutely no way he could fall off this bridge. Unless he purposely jumped off, of course.

  "I don't really want to," he commented, not swayed by your offer. You rolled your eyes, carefully climbing up onto the ledge. "What are you doing?!" Hop exclaimed, now running over to you.

  You gave him a cheeky grin. "I win." He just looked at you like you were crazy. You sat down, allowing your feet to dangle over the edge. You weren't in any danger of falling, but Hop looked like he was about to pass out.

  "Please get down (Y/N)...," Hop begged, offering you a hand to take. You looked at it, and then back down at the ground hundreds of feet below you.

  "I feel so free so high up," you whispered, and Hop just gulped. You signed after a few moments, memories of your father surfing back to you. Before you realized, you were in a flashback.

  "Daddy daddy! Wait for me!" You cried, waddling after your father. He was getting onto the back of his Braviary, smiling down at you.

  "You can't come with me, flower," he apologized. Your mum came outside to say goodbye, her arms folded across her torso as she watched her husband and daughter.

  "Pleaaaaseeeee?" You begged, making your eyes as round as possible. "I promise I'll be good!"

" I suppose I do have a few minutes... , " he looked to your mom for some type of permission. She hesitated before nodding slowly.

"Keep her safe, Alder. She is only six."

"I know, I promise she won't fall," he picked you up, placing you in front of him.

"Fall?" You asked in your innocent voice, a small scream escaping as Braviary launched into the air. You were terrified at first, your eyes sealed shut. Your father kept one arm tightly wrapped around you.

"I won't let you fall, flower. Open your eyes," he spoke in a reassuring tone. You obeyed, looking at the world around you. You were so high in the air, the people below you looked like ants. The wind blew in your face, and you had to squint your eyes. You erupted in giggles as Braviary soared around, sometimes doing tiny tricks to keep you entertained. You heard your father's hearty laugh behind you as you two flew on, not a care in the world.