four

┌── ⋅˳˚☆∶⋆.☽.⋆∶☆˚˳⋅ ──┐
𝐈𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐀𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍
└── ⋅˳˚☆∶⋆.☽.⋆∶☆˚˳⋅ ──┘

═ ˳⚬ ❦ ⚬ ˳ ═

- Thursday -

"So whatchall' tryna get into today?" I asked the group. "I'm taking dad out today, gek can stay but please stay out of trouble," Kehlani spoke up. Gek nodded and Parker proceeded to speak. "I'm tryna get into some shit,"  he wrapped his arms around Kehlani, who rolled her eyes. "It'll be a cold day in hell," she said with attitude.  he just smiled and rolled his eyes.

"I mean, me and pryce going thrifting later on." Chris shrugged. "I'm down for whatever," tru threw up his phone and caught it. I shook my head. "I'm staying at home," jaelyn shrugged. I looked at him and our eyes locked. But I looked away and shook it off.

We made it to my house and I already seen Both my dad's outside.

They smiled and waved at everybody, but trell was playing with a knife. Chris and pryce went over to shey, Jaelyn headed to the basketball court with me, tru and gek were ducked off doing their own thing, and kehlani was being bombarded by parker tryna get on.

┌── ⋅˳˚☆∶⋆.☽.⋆∶☆˚˳⋅ ──┐
𝐆𝐄𝐊𝐘𝐔𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐘
└── ⋅˳˚☆∶⋆.☽.⋆∶☆˚˳⋅ ──┘

═ ˳⚬ ❦ ⚬ ˳ ═

"Tru, I'm going with Kehlani," I said lowly. He just looked at me. "I'm sorry, things just been hard since ma died and my dad needs us right now." I mumbled. He nodded. "You do what you gotta do, now ain't the right time for us and I understand." He said. I sighed. "Tru it's not like that." I grabbed his hand softly. "Nah, we good. it's not our time," he pulled back and began to walk off.

"But tru-,"

"Save it, Onfroy."

I frowned and watched him walk away from Ian's house. I could see my sister and friends watching the incident occur.

Kehlani walked over to me, followed by Parker as I wiped the upcoming tears from my eyes. "You okay punkin?" She asked. I shook my head and hugged her, letting the tears fall. Parker looked confused but she waved him off and he left. "What happened?" She asked as she soothingly rubbed my back.

Ugh, I love her.

"T-tru," I began, fixing my face. "I don't know what to do anymore Lani. I'm trying to be there for dad and I miss mama. I get that tru wants to spend time with me and shit but I have my own problems and he can't seem to understand that. He gets mad and ghosts me for days, and it's just a lot. I'm tired" I quietly vented.

"Look punkin, if he can't understand the situation you're in, or if he chooses not to, maybe it's time you leave"

I began to take her words into thought.

Maybe she's right.

Maybe I do have to let him go

┌── ⋅˳˚☆∶⋆.☽.⋆∶☆˚˳⋅ ──┐
𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐒
└── ⋅˳˚☆∶⋆.☽.⋆∶☆˚˳⋅ ──┘