Chapter One

"Daddy, please?" Isabella pleaded again

Taking out her earbud, Kimberly listened to what was going on downstairs.

"I'm not having a group of strangers in my house, Isabella Marie." Their father repeated firmly.

"But they were in the Special Forces! Just like you were!"

Kimberly rounded the corner, trying to decipher what was happening.

"What's going on?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I want Ben, Will and some of their buddies to come to Thanksgiving dinner this weekend, but dad is being rude. They have no one to spend it with, Kim." Isabella explained.

Kimberly breathed out a laugh, swinging her arm over her little sisters shoulder. "Come on, dad, don't be like that. I've met Ben a few times, he's a sweet kid." She tried her best to convince him.

"And what about the rest of them?" Her father asked.

"Haven't met them, but like Izzy said, they were Special Forces. That should count for something right?" Kimberly bartered, Isabella nodding furiously.

"You were in them too, Harold." Their mother, Sadie spoke up.

"Different squadron." Harold replied.

Isabella scoffed. "What does that matter?"

"It matters because I don't know them. End of discussion, Isabella." Harold finished, walking out of the room.

Isabella let out a yell of frustration, stomping out the front door.

"I guess that's my cue." Kimberly sighed, kissing her mothers cheek before following her sister back to the car.

Getting in the car, Kimberly looked somberly at her baby sister.

"I'm sorry, Iz."

Isabella continued to stare out the windshield. "Why is he being this way?" She asked, blankly.

"You know dad. He doesn't trust many people. Especially when it comes to us." Kimberly replied, driving down the road.

"I'm fucking 28 years old. I'm not a baby anymore." Isabella raised her voice.

Kimberly remained silent. This wasn't the first time the pair had, had this conversation and she really wasn't in the mood to repeat it.

"Why don't you call Ben? We'll go out to dinner tomorrow night." Kimberly offered in an attempt to cheer her up.

"Can Will come too?" Isabella asked, a small smirk on her face.

"Izzy." Kimberly warned.

She hadn't met William Miller yet, but that hadn't stopped Isabella from basically shooting sunshine out of his ass to try and sway her into a blind date with him.