Chapter Two

The group began walking back toward the house, Ben pulling Kimberly's arm lightly to catch her attention

The group began walking back toward the house, Ben pulling Kimberly's arm lightly to catch her attention. Upon noticing this, Will stopped as well.

"Since Izzy doesn't want to go to the gun range, do you want to go with me?" Ben questioned hopefully.

Kimberly smiled up at him. "Sure, I haven't been to the range in a while. It'll be fun." She replied.

Once more, that familiar pang of jealousy made itself known in the pit of Will's stomach as he watched his little brother smile at Kim.

Why couldn't he be that confident with her?

The two of them had talked and had fun since he arrived that afternoon and it felt effortless, but each time he tried to ask her on a date, his anxiety stopped him.

He was brought out of his thought process when Kimberly turned to face him.

"What? Sorry." Will questioned, earning a chuckle from Kim.

"I was asking if you wanted another beer." She repeated.

Will returned her smile. "That would be great."

Opening the screen door for her, Will and Ben let her walk in first.

As soon as they stepped through the threshold, a glass vase hit the wall just behind Kim's legs.

"What the fuck?!" Kimberly yelled as Will quickly wrapped his arms around her to protect her from anymore objects being thrown at them.

When none came, Will cautiously let her go.

"Stay away from my boyfriend." Isabella spat harshly just as Pope, Tom, Fish and their parents barreled into the room.

A look of angry confusion took over Kimberly's face as she stared her younger sister down.

"What are you talking about? Are you fucking crazy?!"

Isabella rolled her eyes. "Oh please, don't think I didn't see you both flirting out there, or hear him ask you out." She growled.

"He asked me to the gun range because you're apparently too good for that!" Kimberly yelled back, her anger quickly increasing.

Isabella was about to grab another glass object to fling at her when her father quickly grabbed her, effectively stopping her.

"It doesn't matter, Kim! Get your own man and quit moving in on mine!" She screamed.

Kimberly slowly began stalking over to her sister, her eyes narrowed.

"Oh, so because I at least try to show some interest in the things these guys have done, suddenly I'm the bad guy? Maybe if you showed just a smidgen of the interest I have, he wouldn't have asked me." She snapped at her.

As she was walking, Will had noticed a trail of blood behind her.

A large piece of glass had hit Kimberly in the calf just above her ankle. The piece was stuck in her leg, but he knew that her adrenaline was rushing so hard, she hadn't even noticed it yet.