Chapter 7: Stacey

Isabel's POV

"Mom I'm OK" I assured as she continued scanning my body.

"You look pale and I think you lost weight are they feeding you well" Mom asked.

"Yes Mom I've just been stressing out lately" I replied.

"Stressing about what" she asked. We both took a seat.

"I'm worried about myself" I answered.

"Are you two having problems" she asked. I chuckled.

"No mum we are OK, it's just that I'm starting to see things that are not there" I answered.

"Mind to explain" she stated.

"Lately I've been seeing one of the people who used to bully me around, a few days ago someone put up some posters and I freaked out, I really thought it was her but the CCTV showed it wasn't her but someone else from the college we attend" I explained.

"Maybe you should go see a doctor" she suggested.

"I've considered that but mom I'm still not convinced that she's not here" I replied.

"What do you want to do now" mom asked.

"I will prove she is really here, I will show everyone that I wasn't making everything up" I answered.

"My dear maybe you should spend a few days here with me and your dad, you need sometime to rest your mind" she suggested.

"Mom I'll think about it but all that isn't necessary I'm perfectly OK" I defended.

"It will give you time to spend time with us" she reminded.

"Speaking of where's Dad" I asked.

"He's upstairs fixing the leaky roof,your uncle is coming over for a few days" she replied.

My relationship with my parents was strong. They were everything I hoped and dreamed of having. Since we moved to the city, I found out I had more relatives.

I had my grandma from my mothers side, I had aunts and uncles from both sides of the family,I had cousins but not everything can be like a fairly tale.

When I first arrived, no one wanted me there,they thought all kinds of things about me. They always had something to say about my ascent, my dressing, my friends even my boyfriend.

It took a shit load of time for them to accept me. The truth was I only did that because of my parents,they wanted me to get along with the family and to get to know everyone and that's what I tried doing even though i have to bottle up all my feelings about what I really thought about their family.

"Oh is that so, I should go see him before we head to the mall" I suggested.

"You're right, go talk to your dad while I get ready" she stated.

I walked up the stairs then started looking for him.

"Dad" I called as I opened a door. He wasn't there.

"Papa" I called again no answer.

I opened the spare bedroom door and found him on a step ladder doing some stuff. I don't know, I didn't see anything, all I saw was him fixing the roof.

"You seem extra busy" I commented leaning on the door.

When he saw me, he stopped what he was doing then ran to me. He embraced me for a new minutes.

"Princess what are you doing here" he asked. I smiled.

"I missed you guys plus Mom needed someone to accompany her to the mall to buy some stuff" I answered.