Chapter 7

The nurse handed him over and I slowly adjusted him on my sleeve. His cerulean pupils became accustomed to the chemicals and the blinding lights of the room. His agile reflexes were proven in a matter of time when he lunged for my index finger.

"He sure is strong, takes it after you don't, he," I chimed in.

Andrea looked as if she had dementor suck her soul out. The exhaustion has completed took control of her body in which she even struggled to keep her eyes open.

I walked over and sat near her, with the little one in my arms. After a soft peck on her temple, I laid there with her.

"Ralph, I don't want anything to happen to our Hijo. I don't want him in the family business, it's far too dangerous," My furrowed brows met with her pleading pupils.

"Sure, Andrea I won't pressure him too. But if he decides to, you must promise me that you would not stop him, it doesn't matter if I have daughters after him, if any one of my children wants to do what I do, you must not stop them,"

The distressed winds matched what she was going through. I looked into his eyes and whispered into his ears.

"Phoenix, we are naming you Phoenix,"

"Mr Raphael, could we please have you sign these documents and we can everything wrapped up in no time," I stepped out with Andrea in a wheelchair while mama, grandmama and Elenora sat there.

"Ralph, look here, this is the man who saved Andrea's life when she was losing blood very quickly,"

I thanked the man profusely and I enquired his name,

"My name is Ezra, Ezra Costello,"

My eyes darted from Phoenix's to his.

Ezra. Costello.

The dream showed significance, and with it, a hurricane of guilt and remorse went through like a rampage within me.

How could I have been too foolish? His menacing pupils fired daggers at me.

Does he know? 20 years ago I took the life of someone precious to him, yet now he has given life to someone dear to me.

Why?

"It was a pleasure helping you, Mr Raphael, I hope we meet again,"

It's too late. I have fallen assailable to this young man, unable to recover.

"Oh Lord, help me as I seek your forgiveness,"

I prayed in that hallway as his shadow was drained by the blinding lights that mounted along the stairs.