5. One Kiss Is All It Takes

~Mew's Facebook Update~

Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat:

Caption:

Maybe this is what a "fall" feels like,
More beautiful than the seasonal fall
But this fall occurs once,
Never to surface again, and never to drown twice.
             — ©Mew

Mew looks up from his phone and smiles at Gulf from the counter, and finds him playing with the corner of the table cloth. Okay, I accept I find him cute.

"Nong Mew, your order is here."

"Thank you, P'Chen." Mew pays at the counter, takes the tray and goes towards the table where Gulf is seated. "Grilled chicken and pasta is all I could order. I didn't know what you like to eat."

"I like it, Phi. I don't like seafood, though." Gulf smiles widely at Mew, who mirrors the smile. "P'Mew won't eat anything?"

"I will cook something for myself."

"Wow, you are so talented."

"Stop it, stop exaggerating things." Mew says softly.

"I'm stating facts here, Phi. So, can I dig in?" Gulf picks up the knife and fork and looks at Mew, his eyes wide and twinkling with excitement.

"Sure, go ahead." Mew laughs and ruffles Gulf's hair. Since when did I become so handsy? Oh right......since today.....

Gulf eats in silence except a few compliments on the food and 'mmmms'. The silence breaks when Mew's phone starts to ring. "Excuse me." Mew says and looks at the phone screen. Something makes him frown.

"Everything alright, P'Mew?"

"Yes. Earth, I have to take this call. I will be right back, hmm?" Mew says, tension lacing his voice.

"Okay Phi." Gulf says reassuringly. Mew nods and gets up from the chair. Gulf stares at Mew's back. He hears Mew say "What do you want?!" from a distance. Something or someone's bothering P'Mew. Gulf thinks, but he's too hungry to worry about it right now.

———

"Where do you live? I will drop you off." Mew asks and looks at Gulf, who's walking by his side.

"It's okay, Phi. I can go by myself." Please let me go by myself.

"No way. Don't try to convince me otherwise. So, where do you live?"

Think of it Gulf. Think of a place that comes along the way to P'Mew's house. Think of it. C'mon quick!

"Do you need that much time to think where you live?" Mew asks, amused.

Mild. Yes, Mild's condo.

"I stay along with my friend Mild. We're roommates."

"Good. That means I can ask him to take care of you. So where is your condo?"

Gulf tells Mew the address as they walk along the footpath which leads to the parking. "I still cannot get over the fact that you had to think so long about where you live." Mew chuckles.

"It's not like that Phi! It's...... it's...."

"It's?"

"I was deciding whether to tell you the right or wrong address. Heh." Gulf says. What the fuck did I just say?

"Why would you tell me the wrong address?"

"Because that way, I would get to spend more time with you!" Gulf says and immediately blushes beet red. Slow down you nutjob! What the hell did you just say?!

"With that speaking prowess of yours, you're going to get girls all over you." Mew laughs.

Gulf laughs it off, but he feels like a belt has hit his stomach. Why would I go after girls? I like you.

The next thing that happens, takes Gulf by utter shock. Mew pulls Gulf close and kisses the corner of his mouth.

 Mew pulls Gulf close and kisses the corner of his mouth

Gulf immediately pushes Mew away from him. "What the hell are you doing, Phi?!" He almost shouts.

"Nong Earth, please, help me out. I need your help. Listen to me first. There's a person who has been bothering me."

"So what?! Why did you kiss me for?!"

"Please listen to me. It was a fake one. I want that person to be right outta my life. Please, can you act like my boyfriend for this once? Please, I would be grateful." Mew pleads.

Gulf realises, that he doesn't feel that bad about the kiss. He realises— he wants to be kissed again. He decides to take pity on Mew. "But why now?"

"Don't look back, but that person is standing in front of my car." Mew says, tension etched on his face.

"So what do I have to do?" Gulf asks.

"Umm, you have to let me kiss you again." Mew looks at Gulf, pleading in front of him with his eyes.

"Okay. Go ahead." Gulf says.

"Really?" Mew asks.

"Yes." Gulf says, reducing the distance between them.

"Thank you." Mew says, and cups Gulf's face. Slowly bringing his face to Gulf's, he can feel their breaths intermixing. Taking a cautious step, Mew meets his lips to Gulf's. And it all begins then.

 And it all begins then