chapter 2

I couldn't believe my eyes, They nailed it with the whole 1920s bar aesthetic, I'm impressed! I walk around the place, I spot a large crowd of people, they dressed like they were from the 20s. This was getting weird.. I walked over to the bar and sat down. "What'll it be sir?" Said the bartender. I scan the various alcoholic beverages. "Whatchu got?" The bartender pointed at a blackboard sign. I couldn't understand a goddamn word on the board.. "Um... I'll have a bees knees." The bartender nods and looks to his right, "and for you sir?" I turn my head to the man sitting next to me. Oh my fucking god. This man, he looked to be about 5'10 maybe.. he had dirty blonde hair, a million dollar smile, hazel eyes. God he is handsome. "Gin Rickedy." His voice was amazing, he kinda sounds like he's from New York, like a new York Italian. He looks over at me and gives me a hot smile, I look away quickly and take a sip of my cold bitter drink, I almost gag at the tart taste of liquor, "Hey there Doll face." The man says charmingly, I slowly glace over at him, while chewing on my lambert piercing and scratching at my small stubble, "Hey." I said bluntly, He pulls out a a small golden box and opens it with care, he pulls out a cigarette and puts it in his mouth, "You smoke?" He shift the cigarette carton to me, I gave him a side smile and take a cigarette out of the box, and put it in my mouth, I watched him strike a match and put it up to his cigarette, he brings it up to mine as well. I take long puffs and blow thick smoke, He watches with a red tint on his cheeks, "You seem stressed Doll, what's with the long face?" I flick Ash off my cigarette and sigh, "Me and a friend were going to see a movie, but we couldn't get in... So... We kinda snuck in... And I can't find her..." The man scoots closer to me and gives me a chuckle, I look around, "Nice Costume, what is this? A prohibition party or something?" He gave me a confused look, "Party? Your in a bar." My smile fades, "No kidding." I take a drink and look at him in the eyes, "So let me guess, I'm actually in 1920?" I smiled, He nods. "Wait. Are you serious?" I scan the room and ask the bartender, "Hey excuse me! I'm trying to sign something, what's today's date?" The bartender looks at me, "Today is April 14th of 1920 Sir." I almost choke on my drink, and I look at the man sitting next to me. He starts laughing, "You ain't from here ain't cha?" I shake my head, "Allow me to introduce myself, the names Nicky... Nicky Valentino." I blush, that name makes him sound like a detective or a gangster. "I'm Judas... Judas B..." Nicky extends his hand out, I take his hand but instead of him shaking it he kisses it. I raise an eyebrow, he looks up at me, and pulls away. He smiles takes a puff from his cigarette. "Um... Thanks Nicky." I stare at my drink. Nicky glaces over at me and pulls out a black box from his pocket, I look over at him, he opens it with care and inside is a beautiful diamond bracelet. "Judas, I want you to have this." I look at him with a dumbfounded expression, "Nicky. What the hell do you think your doing? We barely know each other." Nicky clips the bracelet onto my wrist and hold onto my hand, "I may not be able to see you again.. but you are one of the finest men I have ever laid my eyes on, I want you to have this." My heart melts, nobody has ever done anything this nice for me. "Oh Nicky..." I put out my cigarette onto the ash tray and get up, "Thanks for the bracelet, it's beautiful.." Nicky gets up and slips two dollars to the bartender, "Please let me walk you out the door." I nod kindly, I rise up from my seat and Nicky looks up at me I'm awe, "How's the weather down there?" I teased, Nicky Chuckles, "Peachy." Nicky seemed to be about 5'9 or so it must feel weird to meet a guy taller (7'2 for that matter.) I begin deciding whether or not to hold his hand or his arm. I said fuck it and grabbed his hand, His eyes light up and he stares at me, he gives me a smile and we walk to the door. I stop at the door, "Nicky. I'll return, I promise, Just be back at bar and I'll come back tommorow." Nicky smiles and nods, "See ya Doll and sleep tight." I open the doors and suddenly... It's dark. I can't see a thing. Something grabs me in the shadows, "SHIT! I'm sorry we didn't leave! I'll just go home and we can forget I existed!" I then hear a familiar voice "Jude it's just me!" It was Nicole, I hugged her. "I couldn't find you! So I kinda watched the movie without you... Sorry." I shrug it off, "Eh it's cool. We can always get the movie on DVD." We walk out and head back to the dorms. Nicole was already home in bed, I couldn't sleep... I wanted to see Nicky again, I look at my wrist and then noticed that the bracelet was missing, I have a full blown panic attack where I laid. But then calmed down. I stared out the window and began falling asleep.