chapter 3

I woke up, I turn my head and look at the digital clock, "It's 8:43.." I didn't want to get up but I did have things to do, I got up and scanned to look for my phone and find it lying on the dresser I go and pick it up, no text messages. I walk into the kitchen and open the fridge, I look around in the fridge, Nothing good... I jog back to my room and look for my wallet, I grab it and open it. I counted my money, $120. I put on a tan sweater and some black jeans on. I grab my keys and head out the door. I get on my scooter. I turn my key into the ignition. I drive to Walmart and go grocery shopping. I look at the time on my phone, it read "11:19." Lunchtime. I check my wallet, I have enough money for lunch at Subway, I drive to Subway and walk inside, I see Nicole there, "Hey Nicole. Can I have my usual but with extra meat." Nicole looked outside from the counter and began making my sandwich. "You went grocery shopping?" I nod and sit at my seat while she makes my sub. A few minutes later she brings me my food, "Here you don't have to pay this time. Your Philly sandwich, on the house." I smile and thank her. I later go home and split my sandwich in half and eat one half, I turn on Netflix and watch it.
--------------------

Its 6:41 and begin getting ready to go see Nicky, I couldn't stop thinking about him all day. I did my hair the same as we met. I wear the same clothes that I wore today, I started packing up my big backpack, I put my camera, some snacks, my cracked phone, some money, Some extra clothes, and some water, all just in case something happens. As soon as I was about to walk out the door, I hear a voice say, "Judas, where are you off to?" I turn and look at Nicole, "I...I uh... have a date." Nicole squeals in delight, "Good luck! See you later!" I smile and walk out the door, I drive to the same Cinema Nicole and I went to. It was open, I walk over to a ticket booth and buy a random movie ticket. I close my eyes and walk-in. I see the familiar red carpet stairs case and proceed to go up. I stare at the double doors and I look at my phone time and it reads 7:00 pm." I pull open the door and there it is. The familiar 1920s bar, there's a lot more people than before. I look around for Nicky. No sign of him, I go sit at the bar. I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn fast and see Nicky. I sigh, "Nicky you scared the hell out of me." Nicky laughed, "I'm sorry love." He flashes that million-dollar smile, "Come on, I have a booth set up for us." I raise a brow. "You planned this? What if I didn't show up." Nicky smirks, "I know you'd come back." I get out of my seat, Nicky holds out his arm and folds it, I grab his hand and hold it. I couldn't help but hold it like I haven't seen him in so long, He flushes in response and smiles angelic, "You look gorgeous sweet thing." I smile, We walk to a booth and sit down. A waiter walks over to our table, "What'll it be sir?" Nicky slips a dollar bill before he says anything, I responded with "Gin Rickey, please." The waiter nods, "Good start." Nicky smiles, I scoot away and get into my small backpack and pull out my lime green Polaroid camera, "What's that?" I hold it up, "It's a camera, Smile." Nicky gives me a hot smile and I snap a photo, the picture comes out of the top. I take the photo off and shake it a little. Nicky is confused as hell. I show Nicky the photo, He chuckles, "Who is that handsome man? Can I take a picture of you?" The waiter brings our drinks and leaves. "Sure, Nicky." I get into a pose a flash a genuine smile. Nicky snaps a photo, he pulls the photo out and shows me. "Ew... I look ugly." I try to grab the photo, but Nicky holds it up, "Nicky can I have the photo." Nicky gives me a look, "Honey. How could say something like that, Your irresistible." I got up and try to grab the picture. "Nicky I don't like being in photos." Nicky shoves the picture in his pocket and wraps his hands on my hips, "I'm keeping it." I blush and take a seat. I take a long hard sip of my Gin Rickey. Nicky chuckles and drinks his. I put my glass down and sigh. "So Nicky, What's your story?" Nicky sets his glass down, "You first." I smile, "Well, I grew up in Waco, Texas. I'm on my 2nd year of college, I'm 29, and currently working at a.." I kinda stop myself there. Nicky puts a hand on my cheek, "You can tell me." I sigh, "I work at a concession stand... Like... A food concession stand.." Nicky just chuckles, "There's nothing wrong with that.. I've worked at way worse places." I feel better as I hear that. I scoot closer to Nicky and stare at his lips, He stares back at mine. "Your lips are so beautiful." I giggle, "Say something so I'm not a Putz." I get close to his face inches away from his lips, I can smell the alcohol of his breath. He closes his eyes and puckers his lips slightly. "Something." He opens his eyes and begins to laugh. I rest my head on his shoulder. "Nicky I need to speak with you for a moment." A mysterious voice said. We both dart our eyes at the strange man.