really, noah.

•••

she woke up to the morning sun, gleaming through the window. she batted her eyes and sat up, looking to her side to see a peaceful sleeping boy sitting beside her.

she was kind of confused to why she was so close next to him because they only just met at noah's and she doesn't remember agreeing to this.

she didn't even recall getting to know his name.

looking at the floor with furrowed eyebrows, she slightly jumps at his movement. he was moving positions, she thought he looked uncomfortable.

he stretched out and his shirt came up a bit. She widened her eyes at the glimpse of his stomach, he had abs.

she gulped and decided to slowly stand up to go to noah, she can't remember anything apart from getting a bag of candy to eat on the couch. it was weird.

she hopes she isn't what she has in mind.

tiptoeing onto the first step, she felt a bit hazed. it was very weird. she felt like she had a hangover or something. she only drank once in her life before, at iris' 16th birthday. it wasn't long ago but it was one of the biggest mistakes she made in her life.

*flashback.

iris walked up to me, her lips, over-glossed as always and her devilish sass made me flinch.

"millieeee, wachu doin here alone? i didn't think you'd come at all but i'm glad you did!"

i just rolled my eyes at her drunken state. the fakery was ridiculous.

"here, get hydrated, you're gonna dance."

"are you fucking serious, no i'm-"

"don't say anything. just listen and do."

i took the drink and hesitantly gulped it down. i was thirsty anyway.

and just when it was running down my oesophagus, my throat burned like hell.

i was a huge idiot to think that she would just give me water, of course not. that is iris apatow and i'm at a party. what was i thinking?

after she was satisfied with her accomplishment, she grabbed my arm and took me to the dance floor. her coconut-smelling hair whacked against my face and i squinted my eyes.

she just left me standing there, walking away to her boyfriend.

she turned while walking and mouthed to me, "shake your ass mills, live a little."

*end of flashback.

she shook the memory out of her head and held on the hand rail, trying not to fall from her spinning head.

"hey."

she jumped at the random voice making her lean backwards to fall.

"shit!."

"woah!"

just as she was going to slam her back against the wood floor, she felt a pair of large, skinny arms catch her.