saved.

•••

millie was shaken awake next to him, again, but she was relieved that she was finally going to go home because she had a few things to do.

he assumed that she didn't want him to know where she lived so that was why she had told him to drop her off there.

"hey, heyyy wake up. we're here." finn softly whispered into her ear, his warm breath hitting her face.

"mhm.. what time is it now?"

"it's 11:23am right now and you told me to drop you off at 6th ave so we're here."

"o-okay, thanks for the ride." she said with a soft smile on her face, rubbing her eyes.

he assured her that it was no problem and she got out of the black vehicle and waved, "it was nice meeting you, finn."

"was great to meet you too, millie."

they both smiled at each other and she turned on her heel, walking down the street to the ice-cream shop.

finn watched her go, her beautiful hair swayed in the light wind and the sun made her skin glow so perfectly.

she was naturally gorgeous.

he just sat in his car, thoughts on where to go next were very little as he didn't like the idea of going back home at all.

especially not after what his dad did. he just couldn't believe he actually did that, his mother was nothing but kind and caring towards him and he really couldn't help himself. it was kind of sad really, his dad was missing out on a good family.

he sighed and unexpectedly, a tear slid down his face, slowly. he gripped the steering wheel tighter, thinking about how his dad used to be his role model and best friend, he always wanted the best for finn but now he just let his life go on, careless about what other people feel.

he wanted to be a kid again, where his life was nothing but full of fun and smiles and great people and everything was perfect for him.

if jack was here right now, he'd be the best at comforting me and he would really be a better person to be with in this situation. he helped me cope with things but now, he's not here and he will never be.

...

he was in deep thought, not realising that he'd been sitting in there for five minutes only but tears were streaming down his face.

he wiped his wet face with his sleeves and took a deep breath. it's what jack would tell him to do if he was there.

she walked in with her dead phone and purse in her hand, scanning her eyes across the chalkboard to look for the flavour that ava likes.

she didn't know what to get for herself, there were so many options but she decided she was going to get 3 scoops of cookie dough in a cone with crushed oreos on top and 3 scoops of cotton candy ice cream with a little spoon in a tub for ava.

she walked up to the cashier and she noticed that there wasn't anyone in the shop that day, which was weird because it was a saturday and the weather was great.