Prologue: A True Hero Never Quits

"You'll never get away with this!" Princess Wisteria yelled as the evil, cunning sorcerer Mildew The Unstoppable tied her up and gagged her.

"But you see Princess,"He cooed into her ear. "I already have."

"That's what you think!"

Mildew whipped around tosee who had spoken, and was knocked clean off his feet by the amazing Amazon warrior, Wonder Woman! But, alas, Mildew had been expecting her, and had rigged a brilliant trap! As soon as she began to untie the beautiful princess, she was repelled by a protection spell he had placed, and crashed into a wall that was covered in sticky goo!

"That's not fair," five year old Lila crossed her arms over her tiny chest and glared ather father. "Wonder Woman is supposed to win. She's the good guy."

Her father set down his daughter's wizard doll that he had been using as Mildew The Unstoppable, and put his arms gently on her shoulders. "The good guys don't ALWAYS win, sweetheart. Sometimes they lose. But if they're true heroes, then they'll never stop trying, and hopefully...They'll eventually win."

Lila pouted. "But Wonder Woman always wins in the TV show."

He laughed. "You have apoint there, Lila. Alright, Wonder Woman beat Mildew. But I want you to remember: A true hero never quits."

Lila nodded and they went back to their game. She didn't understand the true weight of what her father was trying to tell her, but she would later. She would carry those words in her heart and follow them like a golden rule for the rest of her life.

A true hero never quits.