Chapter Nine

Warning: the tiniest amount of smut, but it's just kissing. i don't actually know if this requires a warning but here it is anyway.  also note the POV change so you don't get confused.  it'll switch back in the next chapter though.

———————————

Emma Dorsey POV:

I can't say I'm surprised Caleb didn't jump onto this job.  He's probably scared of Percy, but I don't really blame him for that.  Percy seemed like a really fun guy when I first met him, but after reading all those things about him from the past, I'm just not sure anymore...

Sure, he always seemed intimidating. He was at least a half a foot taller than me, and a tattoo at his age is usually a sign for concern. Despite his total skater boy look, he really was a nice guy.

There isn't really a huge population of attractive guys at school. There's definitely a few, like Andrew, but girls get desperate after a while. After a guy like Percy Jackson shows up, you can just tell he's going to get a ton of attention. He's handling it really well though. I've never seen someone have to turn down that many girls in such a short period of time. He's always super polite about it though, saying that he has a girlfriend.

I got up to Annabeth's front door, noticing that there weren't any cars in the driveway. Didn't Caleb say Percy had a motorcycle? You would think at least that would be here.

Andrew would be losing his mind if he knew I was going into the house of an alleged abuser when nobody was home. I let out a shaky breath, knocking on the front door.

No answer.

That scared me a little bit, because I could definitely see movement in one of the higher up windows. I panicked a little bit, pulling a bobby bin out of my hair and sticking it into the doorknob, twisting around in an amateur manner. Swinging the door open, I heard a voice upstairs that was definitely Percy's.

The stairs creaked slightly as I crept up them, trying to stay quiet. Annabeth giggles upstairs, which was following by a blunt thump. I gasped to myself. It sounded like someone just hit a wall!

I sprinted up the stairs, stumbling over my own feet as I bounded over to Annabeth's room. I swung the door open, fully prepared to throw myself in front of Annabeth before stopping at the sight, a squeak escaping my throat.

Percy must've just gotten out of the shower, because he wasn't wearing a shirt. He had Annabeth pushed up against the wall, one hand on her hip and the other pressed next to her head, pinning her in place. Annabeth, in turn, had her arms wrapped around Percy's neck, returning the insanely passionate kiss. It was like watching a scene from a rated R movie.

Annabeth sighed, tilting her head to the side as Percy trailed kisses down her neck. Her eyes fluttered open, looking in my direction before her face turned bright red. I honestly didn't know who was blushing more, me or her.

"Oh my god, Percy, stop!" Annabeth yelled, smacking his bare arm. Woah, with his arm flexed like that-nope! I bury my face in the palms of my hands, shaking my head in embarrassment.

"I'm so sorry! I-I was coming over to-sorry!" I stammered pathetically, looking up at Annabeth. She had a mortified look on her face, and Percy stared at me for a second before bursting out laughing. Annabeth whipped her head toward him, glaring.

"Seriously, Seaweed Brain? You're going to laugh right now?!"

"What? It's a little funny..." He chuckled, pulling a T-shirt over his head, covering his chest, which had even more scars than I thought it did. Where could those have come from?

"No it's not!" Annabeth groaned, rolling her eyes. "Em, I'm so sorry, I had no idea you were coming over..."

"Are you two, like, a thing?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. That would definitely explain a few things, but they didn't act that flirty at school. Maybe they did, and I just ignored it because I always thought she and Caleb would get together...

Percy laughed, sitting down on Annabeth's bed. "Yeah, for a long time now. Wise Girl didn't want to tell anyone, which hurts my feelings." He said, dramatically placing a hand over his heart.

"Shut it, dork." She said, looking back at me with a slight pleading look on her face. "I just didn't want things to be awkward, since you guys only just met Percy. You won't say anything, right?"

I stood there, stunned, but nodded my head slowly. He said they'd been together for a while. That article about the St. Louis Arch; they said Percy was traveling with a guy and a girl. There's no way the girl could've been...no...

"How long have you guys been dating?" I asked, which didn't seem too suspicious. It's a genuine question.

"Oh, it's been over a year, but Annie's loved me since she was 12."

Annabeth blushed, swatting his shoulder.  "Shut it, Seaweed Brain, I didn't say LOVE when I was 12."

Percy laughed, looking back at me.  "Fine, she LIKED me since she was 12."

I blinked, watching these two bicker like they had known each other forever.  And, well, it wasn't forever, but it was a damn long time.  Which means that she already knows about all of the crazy things he's done.  Ooh, Caleb's not going to be happy about that.

Oh god, Caleb.

I completely forgot about him.  He's going to be crushed when it finds out Percy and Annabeth are dating.  He already hates Percy, and now Percy's dating his longtime crush?  He might actually snap.

"Em?  You okay, you've got a weird look on your face."  Annabeth said, stepping closer to me.

"N-no, I'm fine!  It's just...new information, that's all."  I said, relaxing my shoulders and smiling reassuringly at Annabeth.

"So can we trust you not to say anything?  It won't be forever, I just don't want to deal with that whole mess quite yet."

I nod my head without even thinking, surprising myself.  Wow, alright, guess I'm in on the secret now.  Does this mean I'm going to have to derail Caleb's entire plan without telling him about Percy and Annabeth? I have no idea how that'll work, but I guess I'm going to have to figure it out.

I smiled at Annabeth, crossing my arms across my chest. "You know I'm going to tease you about how cute you guys are, like, forever, right?"

Annabeth laughed, running her fingers through her curls. "Yeah, I kinda figured you would."

"Hmm, I'll have to figure out a cute nickname for you guys. Pennabeth? Annercy?"

Annabeth cringed at the names, looking over at Percy with a knowing look on her face. Oh well, I figure out a cute name for them eventually.

———————————————

We hit 2k reads, i love you guys so much aah <3

4/13/20