47 || the lucky exception

|| the lucky exception ||

~

Andi hasn't laughed or smiled this much in his entire life.

The craziest part?

It's text messages that have him sprung.

Andi and K. haven't stopped texting each other since the TextYourFaves campaign ran where K. announced to his following that he'd be participating in it. After coming to the realization that he was talking to the actual man and it wasn't some bot that'd been sending him automated messages, Andi figured he'd casually chat it up with K. for a few days and that'd be it.

Realistically, it made absolutely no sense for someone like K., someone with his level of popularity, to maintain contact with Andi—a fan, a nobody—after a day or two.

It's what most celebrities do with these random 'here's my number, text me!' announcements anyway. They'd send one or two texts back to an overjoyed fan to make them feel noticed and special, then, later on, they'd slowly kill off the conversation by responding less and less until quitting entirely, if the fan doesn't take the hint and stop replying first. 

Depending on the size of the celebrity's fanbase, it's physically impossible for them, just one person, to manage 1,000+ incoming messages at a time.

Unfortunately, there's gonna be a lot of unlucky bastards who get ignored, whether it's done purposefully or not. Lots will never get a text back. Many will never even have their messages opened and read. Few will actually get an immediate reply and even fewer will be blessed enough to hold and maintain a steady conversation with said celeb.

Andi doesn't know how the fuck he made it into the even fewer category but he's there now and he'll be damned if anything or anyone tries to take him out of it.

"God, this man is going to seriously give me a fucking heart attack, I swear!" Andi squeals while jumping up and down in his bedroom, his cell phone clutched to his chest.

K has liked yet another one of Andi's pictures on Instagram (the only social media account that Andi hasn't made private from the public). K has done this a lot over the last few weeks, casually dropping likes here and there on Andi's work. It's definitely caused the boy to become more productive. Getting K's attention gives Andi a high that he's never experienced before.

The enigmatic man is practically like a modern-day Banksy (for millennials).

Since the start of him posting his art on Instagram and Twitter a few years ago, K has never once posted an image of himself online. He's never revealed his full name, first or last. He's never recorded and published a video that had his voice on it. And if you're in media wanting to get a hold of him? He does all interviews via email. No exceptions.

All of that, paired with the fact that K. apparently hasn't gotten bored of him yet, makes Andi feel like the luckiest boy in the world. Andi can't be sure, doesn't want to think too much into it, but he feels like K. hasn't been this friendly with the rest of the fans that he's been texting.

Andi wonders if he's the only one that's made it this far with K, conversation wise. 

Andi wonders if he's the lucky exception.

~