76 || a quicker way

|| a quicker way ||

~

Occasionally, Andi likes being the center of attention.

In his small clique of friends, he's usually the hype one. The loudmouth. The jokester. The one who isn't afraid to step up and do something that the others might be too hesitant on trying first. And if the situation calls for it, Andi is most definitely a risk-taker; act now, think about the consequences later type of guy. 

That reckless part of him is what drove him to pursue art as a career, effectively pissing off his impossible to please parents. Andi doesn't talk to them much these days, but his parents continue to support their son from afar. If Andi ever needs help with anything, he can call on them and they'll come through for him. But for the most part, the three of them holding a general conversation, one that isn't focused on how Andi should choose something else to major in because everyone needs a backup plan, is rare.

Like Andi, his parents can also be ridiculously stubborn. They're old school, so it's been hard for them to wrap their minds around why Andi wants to spend thousands of dollars to figure out how to get better at 'doodling on paper', or so that's how they see it.

Despite Andi having shown them his work along with the small but passionate fanbase that he's grown over the years, they still don't seem to get it. His vision. And that's okay. They don't have to like what he does, but at the least, they can show a little respect.

Andi is human. He has feelings. Being an only child, he was born with a shit ton of weight to carry on his shoulders: how can I make my parents proud, how do I not embarrass my parents, what can I do to get them to brag about me to their uptight friends, what can I do so that they don't look at me as a failure...

No matter what their relationship is like, having his parents be disappointed in him for the choices he makes with his schooling, and his life in general, doesn't feel great at all. It fucking sucks, actually.

But, on the bright side, at least Andi has the support from his best friends.

"Ah, shit. Of course there's a long ass line," Andi mutters under his breath as he approaches the elegant venue. There's a line practically wrapped around the corner due to the massive amount of people who showed up tonight, many due to K's shoutout about the event on Twitter.

Andi has been thinking about this night nonstop. He wants nothing more than to meet K. in person... but at what cost? His legs giving out after standing at the back of the line for a hundred hours? Seriously. At the rate they're letting people in, the sun will have risen and set by the time Andi makes it to the front of the line.

There has to be a quicker way for him to get inside.

~