49 || happiness

|| happiness ||

~

Before coming to college, there's one thing that Andi knew for sure and it's that he didn't want to live on campus like the rest of his friends.

Not only did he require more space than what the average dorm room had, thanks to his growing collection of art supplies, but Andi also heavily valued his privacy.

He hates having to be careful when around people who aren't his friends because he knows sometimes his unfiltered self can be seen as him being too much, for someone who's unfamiliar with his personality. Living in an apartment off campus at least gives him the freedom to be his true self, act as weird and crazy as he wants; lounge around in his underwear all day, sings songs badly while screaming at the top of his lungs. Can't do all that with a roommate.

Besides, Andi didn't come to college to make 'friends' he knows he won't keep in contact with after they graduate. College is basically High School 2.0. He's here to get an education, nothing more. But...! If he connects with someone special along the way... then so be it. 

As K. once said, never say never.

Having been texting back and forth with his idol for the last month, Andi feels like anything is possible at this point in his life. Anything at all.

"I don't smell any popcorn being cooked up in here," Maxine says after barging into Andi's place, not having even knocked first. He rolls his eyes at her. He's long gotten used to this. 

"And I don't recall having said you all could bring your assess over here," Andi mutters from the couch as Max, Jerome, and Dae all shuffle into the apartment. "I'm not exactly running a convenience store. If y'all wanted popcorn you should've bought some on your way over."

Dae laughs, plopping down on the opposite end of the sofa. "Sounds like someone needs to get laid! Why do you sound so uptight, buddy? Have a bad day or something?"

"Has K. not text you back today?" Maxine asks in a mocking tone as she and Jerome take seats on the floor near the sofa. Andi makes decent money from his side hustles but he isn't exactly rolling in dough. He, unfortunately, doesn't have much furniture to go around. "That must be it. You're missing your boo thang, right?"

Andi only blushes because it's true. "And if I said yes?"

"Then none of us would be surprised." Jerome chuckles. "Not one bit."

"How long have you two been talking to each other? A few weeks now?" Dae asks. Andi nods, bringing his attention back to his phone after hearing the notification bell go off. "Bro, you gotta make a move already. Shoot your fucking shot! The guy is clearly into you... If he wasn't, there's no way he'd have kept things going with you for this long."

"The pothead has a point," Maxine adds, getting serious for a bit. "Judging by how often he posts on Instagram, K lives by a busy schedule. He's always doing something behind the scenes. The fact that he still manages to take time out of his day to text you on and off says a lot."

Andi bites down on his bottom lip, nervous at what his friends are saying.

Did they have a point? Could K actually... like him? More than just a fan, but as something else instead? Did Andi even have it in him to shoot his shot and ask such a thing? 

The possibility that he and K could one day be more than just two people who casually text each other sends chills down Andi's back, leaves him breathless. His friends may tease him a lot about K, but Andi knows deep down that they genuinely care for his happiness.

And right now, Andi's happiness regrettably revolves around a man that he's never even seen before.

How pitiful.

~