84 || underestimate

|| underestimate ||

~

Good things don't last forever.

Andi can't help but pout a little after Karlos parks in the lot of his apartment complex.

Andi knows he has to exit the car soon... but, for whatever reason, he can't seem to bring his hand up to grab the door handle. Part of him wants to be bold and daring, invite Karlos inside for another drink and see where the rest of the night takes them, but Andi's shy side is currently overpowering that reckless part of him. Maybe it's for the best.

"I had fun tonight," Karlos announces after turning down the radio. "Did you?"

Andi nods with a quickness. "Had a blast."

"So... I was thinking that maybe we should do it again sometime, yeah?"

Andi's eyes go big as he turns to face a smiling Karlos. "You really mean it? You actually want to hang out with me again?"

"Of course." Karlos laughs, giving Andi a look of confusion. "You act like you were bad company or something. Why sound so surprised?"

"I-I just didn't think..." Andi pauses, nervously looking away. "Going into this, I thought I'd be the only one who ended up having fun. I can be a lot to handle sometimes. I don't really have a filter, so my mouth often gets me in trouble and I tend to rub new people the wrong way because of it. I guess I just thought you wouldn't end up liking me as much as I already like you."

It's quiet for a moment.

But then Andi feels his jacket being tugged in Karlos' direction and suddenly, they're kissing.

Karlos' lips are on his; tongue asking for permission to play further. Andi allows it, quickly finding himself leaning and moaning into the kiss, one hand on Karlos' thigh while the other palms his cheek. Everything about this kiss is sweet and erotic at the same time. It isn't Andi's first kiss, but he knows it's going to be one that he'll have a hard time forgetting later.

"I think you underestimate my feelings towards you, Andi." Karlos is nearly breathless by the time they part. He can't remember the last time he felt butterflies in his stomach.

"I think so, too." Andi goes back to his side of the car, his head spinning. "Holy fuck, that was..."

"Everything?" Karlos chuckles.

Andi smiles, looking over at him again. This time he notices the faint blush on Karlos' cheeks.  

"Yeah," Andi replies. "It was everything."

~