one

hatred. that's all that filled taehyung every single day and night. he didn't ask to be born this way, to be a "monster" as people loved to call him. his life was so much simpler before people found out he was an incubus, and now he spent his time being locked up in some lab where scientists experimented on him.

🎀

jolting up from bed he was laying on, taehyung's eyes flicked over to the front door upon hearing it open.

"hello, taehyung," the woman said while holding her clipboard close to her chest, glasses slightly sliding off the bridge of her nose.

the demon tucked his knees close to his chest, a scowl emitting from him.

sighing, she approached the demon.

"a new person is going to be working with you on a more..personal level. he'll be giving you shots and will also monitor you 24/7."

gulping at the mention of someone new, he scooted farther back. the best thing out of the woman being there was that he had gotten used to her, but now he had to deal with someone new? are you kidding??

"you can't leave me alone with someone new," he eventually muttered.

"you'll be fine, we just need to run m-"

"tests, yeah, i know. you always say that, tests are always run on me."

sighing, the woman took some notes on her clipboard of taehyung's attitude, though of course he was referred to as his number; subject 40036. turning around on her heels, she exited the room, leaving taehyung alone with his thoughts that constantly consumed him.

it's all the incubus had, though. he didn't have anything else. everyone he ever loved and cared about either abandoned him willingly or unwillingly. nobody ever stayed.

his doe eyes stayed train on a slit in the door where his food came from, licking his plush lips eagerly. his long nails dug into the old bed, nearly piercing the fabric. however, instead of it being slid inside, the door opened once more; tray being held in someone's hands.

the man was tall, well-shaved with black hair parted over to the side. his pink lips were cherry shaped, eyes a piercing black.

"hello," he had said with a gentle smile.

instinctively, taehyung's large wings spread out behind him, baring his teeth.

"who the hell are you?"

"i'm your new.." the man paused. what was he to this person?

"you're the new scientist, you aren't my new anything. you aren't here to help me, none of you do."

"none of us? what do you mean?" stepping forward, he cautiously set down the tray beside taehyung.

"all i am to you is an experiment. you guys see something new and decide that that isn't acceptable, that i'm some sort of freak in society. i've been here since i was fourteen when i was finally found out. i don't even do anything, you know. i never have, and this is what i get in return. a stereotype being forced onto me? that just because i'm an incubus i force myself upon others? that i need to be locked and caged up??"

brushing his white coat off, the man took a seat, his heart feeling as though he had just been stabbed right in it. he hadn't been told of anything prior to getting the job other than he'd be working with people who "needed help," he thought that meant he'd be working with patients who had mental illnesses and struggles.

frowning, he opened his mouth to speak only to get cut off by taehyung.

"don't even apologize, don't act like you care. i've encountered plenty of people like you before. you pretend you're different and that you want to help, but in the end you're just like all the rest."

the man checked a sheet he had beside him, sighing softly.

"alright..how can i prove to you i don't want to hurt you? what can i do?"

biting his inner cheek, taehyung slowly and carefully spoke.

"get me out of here. i need to taste freedom, i need to be alive again."

"taehyung- right?"

"mhm.."

"i can't do that, i wish i could, but i can't."

"of course you can't, you guys never can. you're all the same, every last one of you."

the man stared at taehyung, watching those big black wings with grey tips wrap around himself in a more protective manner before his head turned to the side upon hearing the doorknob jiggle.

"i'm sorry to disturb you, but we've come to run some experiments on him."

"experiments?"

"we do it every week, nothing new. trust me, they're all perfectly safe," the man said; lying straight through his teeth to seokjin.

eyeing the man, seokjin looked back at taehyung, watching as the demon stood up with bawled fists.

"yeah, because that's why i lose several pints of blood with every experiment done on me."

ignoring his comment and brushing past seokjin, he gripped onto the demon's arm; squeezing it as he dragged him off.

while watching all of this happen, the new scientist stared blankly. he just met the other, but he already came to one conclusion.

he had to break taehyung out of that place.