three

—editing—

upon entering the room the next day, taehyung drew a bit back from the other who walked into the room.

"so..you're back," he muttered out softly.

"yes, i am. is that a shock?"

"sorta...nobody ever really, well, comes back," immediately, taehyung put his guard right back up.

no way in hell was he letting this man in. he didn't even know him that well. besides, he rarely let people past his walls even if he did know them extremely closely.

"have any tests been run yet?" the older of the two asked as he took a seat right in front of taehyung's bed.

"not yet, i don't think any will be run today."

nodding slowly, seokjin crossed a leg over the other and stared at his clipboard before looking back at the somewhat cowering demon.

"you don't like this place, right?"

"no, i don't. i thought we've been through this."

"just trying to make sure we're on the same page. i talked to my friend about you, he told me that because you've been in here for so long you most likely don't have the same desires as other incubus."

taehyung's wings dropped for a split second until they wrapped right back around him. the other's friend seemed to be more understanding than the man in front of him. he could almost smell the slight timid state radiating off seokjin. why couldn't this stranger he spoke of be the one in the same room as him?

"well he's right and is probably the only person to make a correct assumption about me."

"if..if i brought him here, would you open up more about yourself?"

eyeing the older, taehyung paused.

"you mean that? you're not just tricking me?"

"i mean it, i'm a man of my word, taehyung."

"oh alright, on one condition," taehyung hesitantly said.

"which is?" seokjin had inquired slowly as an eyebrow lifted.

"you let me have some alone time with him."

considering it for a couple seconds, seokjin eventually agreed.

"deal. i'll call him up right now and see if he can come over."

taehyung bit his lower lip a little, his gaze staying intent on the human while he watched him stand up.

seokjin pulled out his phone and exited the room while shutting the door behind him. once in the slightly chilly hallway, he looked from left to right to make sure no one was coming and that there was no one already there. if word got out that he was going to bring someone to visit taehyung who wasn't a specialist, let alone without permission, he'd probably get fired on the spot.